News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1st wrech turned since june

Started by trailduster.dave, January 07, 2013, 04:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailduster.dave

as WELL known i have been limited on what i can do these days. a few months back (before RJ12) i did some trading and acquired an 88 Daytona Shelby Z. some you guys remember these and may have owned at one time or another. it is straight for the most part, a small scratch in the pass door and front fender, the normal paint fade and someone at some paint did paint the front clip. interior is ok w/ cloth seats (brown).
i took a friend and we loaded this in the dark last week. went pretty easy considering how low the front spoiler is. it was locally owned so only about a 10 mile travel to get home.   looks to have been setting a few yrs and the fuel was just pain yuck. :sign0137: drained fuel system and fired the car, it did make it a round on my place and parked in the drive.
the owner said he bought for his son and didn't like it. they replaced the turbo but lacks in power. which is true.  other than that he knows nothing about the car. all of the vacuum lines are shot so i am setting here this morning reading threads about waist gate and baro solenoids/vacuum and boost pressures  :ecomcity:  ....... please give me back my carbureted   400!!

it did feel good to get back out and do something automotive again. even if it was NOT on a "rig" per say. everything i own is in need of some type of repair.  i can do a few things but the larger projects will just have to wait for now.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4456735894054&set=t.1159301638&type=1&theater
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

rjtx667

Nice, I have seen a few of those around on CL, but I have too many cars as it is right now.

Plus given the choice I think I might have to go for a Dodge Stealth AWD Twin Turbo if I was to get a small car. I know its a mitsubishi which I hate, but always thought those cars were nice.

Glad to see you turning a wrench again!!! :victory:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

trailduster.dave

Too many??? never too many.i did some work for this guy and took 400.00 off of a 3k bill so i figure i really have no actual money in the thing. if i was to seek one out i prolly would not have made this my 1st choice for a small car either. the temptation was just too much. ima use it as a driver for a while just to have a lil fun then will pass it on. my boy was looking online and saw some that were doing 11s and 12s so it caught his eye. lol
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

rjtx667

when you live in the city with limited parking there is such a think, ask Richard my driveway gets full quick... and I have a large driveway.

For the price I would not be able to pass it up either, and I would love to see that sucker pull those numbers in the 1/4 mile.
:headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on January 08, 2013, 08:50:37 AM
when you live in the city with limited parking there is such a think, ask Richard my driveway gets full quick... and I have a large driveway.

Yep, Ryan's place is full.  Backyard, driveway, 3 bay garage and that was with the Mx RC at the shop and Durango at the airport.  He has truck parts inside, outside and in the attic.  Any more and he will have to start a catalog system.   :laughing7:

Dave, I don't know if you will need 2.2 parts but I remember a Shelby Charger (85 or 86??) at Pick-n-Pull that caught my attention.  Body might have some similar parts.  I was trying to find some good pics of mine to post.  It was an 83 Shelby Charger 2.2/ 5spd with a carb. (pre- turbo)  First year for these, if I'm not mistaken.  I bought it used in 86 and some beautiful sales lady taught me to drive stick.  Sonia could have sold me ocean front property in San Antonio. LOL  She was hot!   :thumbsup:  I traded in my rusty 72 Camaro for it.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Here's a link to Dodge Forum. They have a forum for G cars (Daytonas).  I met a few of these guys from Ramcharger.net and RCC on DF.  Hope this helps.   :icon_salut:

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-daytona-58/

There's also this place.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/tags/daytona.html

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket