News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

WTB 1977 Dodge M886 5/4 4x4 Or 1980 W400 Ambulance 4x4 in TX

Started by ProjectM880, May 11, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Im looking to buy a 1977 Dodge M886 5/4 4x4 Or 1980 W400 Ambulance 4x4 in TX. One popped up for sale a while back and i missed it. Let me know if you have one or know where one it.
Thanks
Eric

workgoats

GSA auctions has one in New Mexico.  And California has a couple of interesting diesel powered small crew carriers that might be just what you are looking for as an expedition vehicle.  Says they have 6 cylinder diesels.

ProjectM880

I keep finding them up north and way out of state. Ive never purchased anything of GSA So i don;t know what all involved. Im really hoping I will get lucky and find one locally or some where in the state of texas

SixGun

Shoot ... I thought you would be all over this one posted on RCC. 

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3780909417.html

Should see if he would tow it to you if you pay full price.  $1200 doesn't sound too bad. 

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on May 12, 2013, 09:51:51 PM
Shoot ... I thought you would be all over this one posted on RCC. 

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3780909417.html

Should see if he would tow it to you if you pay full price.  $1200 doesn't sound too bad.

I saw that!! Don;t worry Im continplating ideas of how to get it HAHA

ProjectM880

Well So far The closes one is that one in arkansas.
Anyone have a any leads?

a 1980 W400 Ambulance Will work too and those are duallys  :dance:

taz_man440

Sounds like a road trip is in order.....
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

I just don;t trust my 3/4 ton Chevy to tow that thing that far. We will see how bad i Want it  ::)

Toyradio

Buy it, my Ford will tow it. Im not working right now.

ProjectM880

Thanks For the Offer Skip!!

Im still on the search to find something with in range and has a title!

Up Dated my search too
WTB 1977 Dodge M886 5/4 4x4 Or 1980 W400 Ambulance 4x4 in TX

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on May 11, 2013, 07:00:04 PM
GSA auctions has one in New Mexico.  And California has a couple of interesting diesel powered small crew carriers that might be just what you are looking for as an expedition vehicle.  Says they have 6 cylinder diesels.

Ron I looked for them on Gov Liquidation and i couldn;t find any. Where did you find them?

workgoats

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 16, 2013, 04:32:52 PM
Ron I looked for them on Gov Liquidation and i couldn;t find any. Where did you find them?

go to:  gsaauctions.gov

scroll down to vehicles.  Right now there are 145 vehicles.  All of the good ones right now are in MN.  There are some you would kill for.  It changes often.  You need to check it every day or two for a while and some will come up in Texas or adjoining states. 

You might find something you just have to have a road trip for, like the 4x4 ambulance...  shame it's not a Dodge.

ProjectM880

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

:notworthy:

You could REALLY play John Gage OR Roy DeSoto in that - just like we always dreamed of doing as kids!  :13:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!