News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Final Plans For Ramjam

Started by ProjectM880, June 12, 2013, 06:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

So what are the Final Or latest plans for  RamJam??
I didn;t get a final count of events or awards so I can either just make some and go with it or we can wait for a final count.

Whats the verdict on vendors and prizes?

At this point, My company is sending me to Mud Engineering school which will be from July8-Aug30. So there is a good chance I can make it. But my schedule to get things done before then will be tight. So the more we can get done now would be great.

The War Wagon

We NEED a "Ramjam-per-state."  TX is a L-O-N-G way to chug a 21 year old truck!  :o

Besides, we just MIGHT have a hill, rock, or mud puddle or twelve in PA to play on for a weekend...  ;)
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

rjtx667

Guys are doing their own Moab RamJam, get one started up and see who comes.  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

I was afraid that I would be as busy as I am now.  I will help as I can but I have a big project going at work, I have my son and family here from Peru and I have a grand-daughter riding events at a big event in Fort Worth.

I will be at Ram Jam with at least one truck and a fire pit for the drawing.  Ernest has to help with the fire pit I don't think we can keep him from coming with a ferd.

Toyradio

I've  went back to work    for now. Working 4 10s. Should have a 4 day weekend for Ram Jam. The RC is ready, the Zuke can go...tow rig is ready. Lets get it on. Earnest bring that Ferd.

ProjectM880

Awards-
Adventurer Award-
Danger Dave Award-
Top Hand Award-
Trail Duster Award-
Riding Shotgun Award-
BackSeat Driver Award-

Events-
#1: HILL CLIMB
#2  SLOW CRAWL
#3  OBSTACLE COURSE or BARRELL RUN

So Do we all agree that these are the awards and trophys? If so when i get back I will get to work on them

Toyradio

What are the requirements for each event/Award?

ProjectM880

Quote from: Toyradio on June 14, 2013, 03:47:38 PM
What are the requirements for each event/Award?

Read the other post about awards and events. Its all there

workgoats

What about tallest truck and maybe smallest tires?

We did uglyiest (most ugly) truck but had a hard time deciding... (2009)

We also did shortest drive and longest drive.

Seems like they had something like "Most Technical".  They gave it to me but I haven't the slightest idea why.  I was just redneck.

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on June 14, 2013, 04:40:57 PM
What about tallest truck and maybe smallest tires?

We did uglyiest (most ugly) truck but had a hard time deciding... (2009)

We also did shortest drive and longest drive.

Seems like they had something like "Most Technical".  They gave it to me but I haven't the slightest idea why.  I was just redneck.

I was trying to stay away from generic awards which involved running around with a tape measure measure tires and wheels. I didn;t see the point of giving a award to this guys because he has 44's with 12 inchs of lift while the truck next to him had 11 inchs of lift and 43's. Or having to firgure which of two stock RC's have smaller bald tires and more dodge lean.

The awards are setup more about driver input and personality rather then who has the biggest truck. This gives a chance for a guy with  stock RC to when awards.

SixGun

With all this rain lately, might have some kind of mud award like the deepest mud puddle or muddiest truck called the mud-pie, dirty dog, or pig-pen award.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

9dawgs

Quote from: ProjectM880 on June 12, 2013, 06:22:28 AM
So what are the Final Or latest plans for  RamJam??
I didn;t get a final count of events or awards so I can either just make some and go with it or we can wait for a final count.

Whats the verdict on vendors and prizes?

At this point, My company is sending me to Mud Engineering school which will be from July8-Aug30. So there is a good chance I can make it. But my schedule to get things done before then will be tight. So the more we can get done now would be great.

Dang, I want to go to Mud Engineering School! Sadly I'm not sure my '86 RC would make it out to TX from FL.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

SixGun

How about an official theme song, Blake Shelton's "Boys Round Here".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAgv665J14
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

trailduster.dave

i have been converted  we will be in a VW
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

rjtx667

Quote from: trailduster.dave on July 11, 2013, 11:10:21 PM
i have been converted  we will be in a VW

I am good with that... It has a roll cage for you, and some seats with good support and hopefully good seat belts.  :headbang:  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins