News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Tell Us a Little About Yourself

Started by 9dawgs, July 18, 2013, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Quote from: Billy Ram on October 23, 2013, 04:31:33 AM
Lots of nice trucks for sale near me. Just gotta free up some cash!

That seems to be the story of my life.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

My case is not enough room. I like my house, wish it was on 5 acres instead of being in town with a small 2 car garage. Oh well, beats a cardboard box in a alley. Hopefully new, bigger garage in the spring. May end up having to suck up some of the backyard for another small garage. Less lawn to mow if I do that. :13:
Chuck

MT_84Ram

Quote from: joemouton on October 18, 2013, 04:08:21 PM
My name is Joe. My dad was in the Marines for 21 years so I never really stayed in one place until he retired and returned to his childhood home in Winnie, Texas.  After graduating high school I joined the United States Marine Corps as a Aviation Intermediate mechanic(rebuilt hydraulic and pneumatic parts). I left the Marines in 2007 and worked for a Gas Company as a mechanic, and several other little jobs here and there. In 2010, I was hired by Oceaneering in Houston and I have been with them. I am currently offshore in China right now and I am looking to return on November 15.

My first Ramcharger was a 1988 2wd with a 318. I loved the beast, but when she broke down I couldn't fix her. I have just two days ago bought one that looked just like her and I can't wait to get to the states to drive it around. It is a 1984 AW100 360/727 4wd.
Kinds looks familiar.

I've been over at RCC for about 10 years.  Bought my RC new - it seems to be ageing more rapidly recently, but that goes for me too.  Lived in MT about all my life and probably why I don't like crowds.  Had a couple Mustangs in past and Mopar line-up ( with miles I drove) includes:
'70 Duster 340 -- 40K miles
'74 Gold Duster -318, 4sp, Suregrip - 105k mi.
'85 D150 - 90k mi
Current
'84 RC - 95Kmi
'99 300m - 45k mi
Not Mopar, but newest is '09 Equator RMZ4 (kinda re-placed RC)

My RC has now been sitting in a garage - have planned on full service and minor repairs for over a year and still have not even cleaned a mud-wasp nest off the carb from summer of '12.  Maybe this winter!!

workgoats

ok, so I'm 65 now.  I had one wife for a bunch of years, married in early 70s.  I've had a bunch of jobs, from band director to gas plant operator.  I now work for a company that does under sea research all over the world.  I manage our facilities in College Station, TX.  So far they haven't let me off shore.

I have two kids and 6 grand-children.  At the current time they all are here in College Station but half of them actually live in Lima, Peru.

Between the two kids and my wife and I we have had a large number of Jeep and Mopar vehicles, ranging from a 46 Willys to a 07 Caliber.

Currently in my driveway is a 82 RC with a 96 Magnum 360, a 02 Grand Caravan, an 88 Cherokee with a 4.0 and the yellow Willy replica using 89 Cherokee driveline and a 318 and 727 from a couple of RCs.

Eventually the 360 Magnum will make it to the yellow truck, a 383 from storage will make it to the RC and the Cherokee that has 284,000 miles will be driven till it dies.  Only other option would be to put the 383 in a 60s or 70s pickup and sell the RC to get it out of the way.

80W150

Quote from: workgoats on November 15, 2013, 08:00:29 PM
and the yellow Willy replica using 89 Cherokee driveline and a 318 and 727 from a couple of RCs.

Have to look to see if there's pics of that on here or RCC. Wondered if you completed that project.
Chuck

SixGun

Here it is Chuck.  http://ramcharger.net/index.php/topic,15.0.html

His last truck looked like a German half-track hybrid.   :headbang:

80W150

That turned out pretty nice. Thanks for the link SixGun.
Chuck

inzane

Since most of you Texas guys are over here, decided to join so you could enjoy my witless babble over here too.

Name's Murphy, and all pertinent laws apply. I'm 50, married to a mean little woman with roots in Louisiana, we live in Odessa, been here for 10 years, just paid everything off so it's time to work a little less and play a little more. Born an grown in West Texas, but lived in all four sides of the state at one time or another. Been an oilpatch pump mechanic for the last 18 years, but seems like the sun's gotten hotter and pump parts weigh more than they used to, considering a career change. Might try DJ at a topless bar or sumthin'.  {have a twisted sense of humor too, or so the wife tells me...  :tard:}

Have an '86 RC, finally getting to build myself a shop to work in, then it's getting some much needed upgrades after that. Currently has an '82 360, 727/208, '88 TBI conversion, 60's w/4.10's, rear Spartan, ORD crossover setup, 4" Softrides and 35's. My '90 360 block is currently getting treated to some quality time at the machine shop. Going to run 9:1 or a touch under, a 480ish Hughes roller w/ 1.6 rockers to bump the lift to .515" or so, ported 308's w/stock size valves, AirGap intake, Sanderson headers. If funds allow I hope to put FAST fi on it before too long, keeping the factory TBI for now.

Needs an OX or ARB in the front, a cage, working A/C, driveshaft upgrades, and maybe that 205 I've had laying around for years if the 208 ever breaks. It's getting repainted Petty Blue and semi-flat black, and have some crazy idea about half doors with zip in windows. Don't ask me why I need all that on a 4x4 when I live in an area that's flat as a table top, because I don't know.

The War Wagon

^^^ Sounds like fun, BUT... 

The topless bar, not your truck...  :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

inzane

Well ok.....I'm new here so I hope this doesn't get me banned.......

The War Wagon

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

Now THAT'S a topless bar son! :035:
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

80W150

Glad to have ya over here Murphy. And yeah, that's a topless bar alright. ;)
Chuck

SixGun

Is it a topless bar with bottomless women?   :dance:

Billy Ram

1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.