News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Taking doors off of jeep cherokee

Started by unfortunatewife, September 03, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unfortunatewife

Having some serious difficulty taking the doors off not quite sure how and it looks as though it has hollow pins that are kind of rusty any suggestions?  :017:

crazzywolfie

don't you just remove the bolts to the hinge? i don't think Cherokee doors were meant to come off like wrangler doors.

unfortunatewife

Yeah it's not really set up the same way but I was hoping someone might know

SixGun

:hello:  Hey Samantha,  have you tried doing a search on the web? Something like," how to remove doors on Cherokee".
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

unfortunatewife

Yeah, i tried looking on youtube with not much luck because everyone was just doing it my removing the star bolts and then cutting out the pin

crazzywolfie

from what i have seen so far it looks like you have to take apart the hinge once and modify it to do what you want but it should not be too hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPo5e1Wq6jQ

workgoats

When I dismantled the Cherokee that became the yellow truck I cut them off with a cutting torch.  Doors were history anyway and I had already removed all the innards.

The War Wagon

Don't know HOW he did it, but here's one from Bantamfest in Butler, PA back in June.  Custom cut-out doors! :o

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

Wow, that looks sweet!  I'd put a little more aggressive tire on there though to go with them purty doors. :laughing7:
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

The War Wagon

Quote from: 9dawgs on September 05, 2013, 10:50:48 AM
Wow, that looks sweet!  I'd put a little more aggressive tire on there though to go with them purty doors. :laughing7:

Judging by his spare, I'd say those are his "street tires."  ;)
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

Quote from: The War Wagon on September 05, 2013, 05:31:06 PM
Judging by his spare, I'd say those are his "street tires."  ;)

Hmmm, maybe.  That spare looks pretty worn though.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

SixGun

All my spares look like crap, that's why they're spares.   :laughing7:

I usually drive on street tires too until it's time to get dirty. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

The reason he cut out the doors was because he couldn't figure out how to get the hinges off either. :happy3:

crazzywolfie

he could possibly just trying to keep it street legal. i know up here even if the doors are removable you need side mirrors for street use. also there is not much of a lip to keep thing on the floor inside the vehicle. i have considered doing something like that for my ramcharger.

scratchinfotraction

here is my son 'piglet' jeep with no doors do yard work on a dodge cab with no doors.

i will take some pics of the door hinge and see just how he re-moved them...seems the door came off hinges as the hinge is there and we talked about nerf bar doors for safty.

this 6 banger walks the dog in the Florida mud with 4.10s turng 33" boggers. soon to have the 5 speed manual trans in it for more mud paly.