News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Gathering 2014???

Started by taz_man440, October 27, 2013, 02:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

Since Ram Jam is bein thrown around "over there", I think we need to start planning something foe us here....  Looks like Moab Utah is nominated over there, I would love to go but its just not practical.... What are we gonna do this next year? Plans? Ideas? Throw em out & lets see what comes of em....   :icon_salut:
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

joemouton

I agree planning must begin, I however, have no idea where we should meet. But a date would be nice so I can start planning for vacation, that way I do not get stuck offshore.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

Toyradio

I know everyone likes Marble Falls, and its close for some. But for a change how about General Sams, DSO, or Shiloh Ridge.

chau8238

I was at DSO yesterday and always vote for it, but I will say that it's a mudding area mainly, so a lot of rigs would not do well there.  General Sams is mudding as well from what I've been told.  You could always try to use Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch   (BVORR) it's near college station and is privately owned, so you have to set up a date to use it, it's not open to the general public. 

taz_man440

I dont mind either Generals or Shilo.... I know shilo has been putting a lot if work into the trails getting it back up to where it used to be....
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

80W150

All the places mentioned are Texas right? Boy, that would be a heck of a road trip. Sounds like fun!
Chuck

taz_man440

2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

The War Wagon

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

Toyradio

General Sams and Shiloh Ridge both have a lot of trails. Either would be funnnnn

joemouton

I think that General Sams and Shiloh are nice areas. I looked up the BVORR and it seems nice but its pricey and they are really strict specifically to a club that meets there every second and fourth weekend. If our meet were to take place during the clubs meeting we would not have full access to the park, and if we paid for a full weekend which would be 750 dollars I would think that it would suck not to have full access. DSO looks nice too, they are all about the same price per weekend. I am down for whatever.

84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

Are there no RC owners in eastern OH/northern WV/western PA/nw MD/sw NY on here?!?!  Y'all sing out or somthing - Texas is winning!!!   :confused2:

chau8238

It's mainly a Texas thing I guess.    :dance:

I'm down for anywhere close.

joemouton

War Wagon how far would you be willing to travel? Man it sure would be nice to see your RC in person. I think that we should think if we are going to get everyone together then we need to know how far is everyone willing to travel.

I think that it is going to be too hard to get everyone to Texas should that be the choice of the meet. Especially for the guys north like War Wagon. I mean I am willing to travel to New Mexico, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana. I am not sure how that would work for any of the other guys. 
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

I appreciate the thought, but I don't get out much.  :tongue3:  I'm just hoping some guys around here might want to get together somewhere around here. 

Would LOVE to wheel west TX sometime though.  Looks like it'd be fun!  :great:

SixGun

Now your talking, Big Bend National/ State Parks is my goal, one of these days.   Love that place but it is a drive to get there.   :steeringwheel:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket