News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Gathering 2014???

Started by taz_man440, October 27, 2013, 02:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Our next gathering could follow the graphic I submitted for a bumpersticker.  The MPR (Mopar Pride Ride) or MRP (Mopars ride with pride)

89PWRRAM

Ok Ron i have to ask, whats a Nambu?? In the next few weeks i should be hauling my truck down from dads place. Hopefully will get started on fixing it soon after. Not sure if i can make something as early as April or May but once the old girl is back up an running i'm down to drive whereever.
1989 W150, 360cid, 38" Swamper SSR's,1Ton Driveline. Crossover Steering, Rear Shackle and U-Bolt Flip.

The War Wagon

Quote from: 89PWRRAM on February 27, 2014, 06:29:49 PMOk Ron i have to ask, whats a Nambu??

Japanese military pistol & rifle maker.  LOTTA Nambu rifles & pistols ended up as War Trophies in America after WWII.
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

workgoats

They weren't letting the guys where my dad was send guns home.  He ran a carpenter crew, building quarters on islands in the Pacific.  He built a false bottom in a box of clothes and sent a note with it to save the bottom because he wanted to make a table out of it when he got home. 

Grandfather was a carpenter too.  Decided it was a fake and took it apart.  The pistol was in pieces.  He figured out how to put it together and although he had never handled a semi-auto, he loaded it in the house.  It has a pretty soft trigger and after he accidentally pulled it, he couldn't stop until it was empty.  There were holes in the floor, walls and ceiling.  He never touched the gun again.

It's a very accurate pistol, 8 mm, about the caliber of a 32 with almost no kick and very good sights.  It looks a little like a Luger.  It is not a concealed carry weapon.

workgoats

By the way, my pistol was made in April of 1944.  Nambus were considered to be of lower quality toward the end of the war but the loss in quality is in the finish, not in operation or accuracy.  The gun was designed in 1902 and improved off an on till the end of WW2.

rjtx667

My wife was down for a easter outing... go have a "big" easter hunt for kids of all ages lol.

We could do that, or the weekend after..

So Vote time.

April 18-20
April 25-27

Lets Vote and get this thing planned and rolling.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on March 02, 2014, 09:51:04 PM
My wife was down for a easter outing... go have a "big" easter hunt for kids of all ages lol.

So Vote time.

April 18-20
April 25-27

Even though Noah and I both have vehicles that don't run currently  :sign0085:
Or maybe not run but are taken apart....... Im going to Vote April 18-20 because thats the only weekend I iwll be on land.

Toyradio

Right now I am down for either.

ProjectPW

April 20 will be ok with me- I gotta get to work... :violent1:

Quote from: rjtx667 on March 02, 2014, 09:51:04 PM

So Vote time.

April 18-20
April 25-27

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on March 05, 2014, 07:21:30 PM
April 20 will be ok with me- I gotta get to work... :violent1:

:040: FASTER! FASTER!!! NNNNOOOOO!! YOUR NOT WORKING FAST ENOUGH!!!  :040:

workgoats

In all honesty, Ernest and I will not be likely to be able to make either date.  I'm having transmission problems and if I have to change the transmission, the magnum is going in at the same time.  So, the yeller truck most likely will be down.  I still have a Cherokee to drive but it looks like both Ernest and I will be on a boat at that time.  We have too many jobs that will be working at that time and we will probably have to help fill slots for a month or so.

If we are at home, we will make every effort to come but Ernest cannot come on Easter weekend if he is at home.

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on March 07, 2014, 09:36:33 PM
In all honesty, Ernest and I will not be likely to be able to make either date.  I'm having transmission problems and if I have to change the transmission, the magnum is going in at the same time.  So, the yeller truck most likely will be down.  I still have a Cherokee to drive but it looks like both Ernest and I will be on a boat at that time.  We have too many jobs that will be working at that time and we will probably have to help fill slots for a month or so.

If we are at home, we will make every effort to come but Ernest cannot come on Easter weekend if he is at home.

Dont worry Ron, There will be other weekends.
Im in the hopes that we don;t just do do two outings a year with Ramcharger.net but rather several that way everyone has a chance to make at least one or two.

At one time The RCC Texas chapter was doing Meets every month to every other month. It was alot of fun back in the day. The groups were small and we had them everywhere from San Antonio to Alto.

taz_man440

times a changin Eric....
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

Quote from: taz_man440 on March 08, 2014, 09:35:21 AM
times a changin Eric....

I agree Will, I know everyone has there own life and resposiblities to deal with.

But it doesn;t mean we can;t mix in a little wheeling now and then  :dance:

SixGun

I think the biggest thing is the cost of gas for guys traveling the long distances.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket