News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Gathering 2014???

Started by taz_man440, October 27, 2013, 02:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I'm in Glen Rose with family and 500+ barrel racers.

rjtx667

How does April 18-20 or 25-27th sound for people?

I figure it should be fairly warm by then, but not to hot and plenty of time out to plan and get off.

Not sure where yet we just need a date.

The next one Needs to be in Late Sept or Oct  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 03, 2014, 12:15:54 PM
How does April 18-20 or 25-27th sound for people?

I figure it should be fairly warm by then, but not to hot and plenty of time out to plan and get off.

Not sure where yet we just need a date.

The next one Needs to be in Late Sept or Oct  :13:

I will be available April 11-13 and April 18-20. Since I work a Two week on and off schedule I only get two weekends a month to choose from.

ProjectPW

April 18-20 will work .... I have work to to do!  :headbang: The Top Hand needs a run  :steeringwheel:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

taz_man440

Bummer, I don't have a free weekend in April...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

I don't have a calendar handy, when is Easter?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

SixGun

Double bummer for me too.  Easter weekend is seasonal changeover from Easter to Graduation at work. May is inventory.  I really need to get out of the retail business.  An Easter egg hunt at HF would be fun.  Probably packed with Jeepers though.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 04, 2014, 12:12:32 PM
Double bummer for me too.  Easter weekend is seasonal changeover from Easter to Graduation at work. May is inventory.  I really need to get out of the retail business.  An Easter egg hunt at HF would be fun.  Probably packed with Jeepers though.

Dont worry Richard once Noah, Lance, and I are all running we will be making more frequent trips up there. I know I will for sure even if its day trips.

Toyradio

Im too far away for just a day trip. But just about any weekend I can make into a 3 day weekend. Goes with being the BOSS! I could do a day trip to Huntsville tho.

Unfortunate_Sam

Anytime in april is good for me.
1975 RC 318/727/203 w part time/ D 44
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 V10/NV4500/NP241 HD/PoSi-Lok

workgoats

At this point, I can't tell what our work load will be that far ahead.  I can't tell about Monday, much less later.

As for those that can't make it, it is impossible to find a date that all can come.  The only thing is to set a date and live with it.  And I always found that the closer to the date, the more reasons will be found that it should have been another weekend.

Determine a date and I'll try to be there.

One problem with Sept and October is some of kids (or grand-kids in my case) will be involved with school activities like football games and halftime stuff.

ProjectPW

Quote from: workgoats on February 07, 2014, 06:40:12 AM

As for those that can't make it, it is impossible to find a date that all can come.  The only thing is to set a date and live with it.  And I always found that the closer to the date, the more reasons will be found that it should have been another weekend.

Ron you are very wise! When Eric's new RC is ready we WILL be making at least a day trip or maybe camp 1 night. This will probably be a late March or early/mid April thing! Y'all will know when the time has come as Eric may not be able to contain himself knowing that he may actually get to drive a Dodge @ Hidden falls!

rjtx667

We can always do early April... trying to remember when we went last year, it was a good time.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Here are the following weekends that I should be available

March 14-16 and 21-23
April   11-13 and 18-20
May   9-11 and 16-18

I would prefer the first weekend that i listed for each month but I don;t have a problem with the second one either.

Quote from: workgoats on February 07, 2014, 06:40:12 AM

Very good point Ron. Can't please everyone.
We will set a date and who ever can make will make it. No point in hearing all the same excuses that everyone post.

Quote from: ProjectPW on February 07, 2014, 08:09:01 AM

Ron you are very wise! When Eric's new RC is ready we WILL be making at least a day trip or maybe camp 1 night. This will probably be a late March or early/mid April thing! Y'all will know when the time has come as Eric may not be able to contain himself knowing that he may actually get to drive a Dodge @ Hidden falls!

This is very true, though I must warn everyone. We will need to have medical staff present on this next run... and no not for Danger Dave.... But rather for Lance! With amount of hours he has sanding this RC down to perfection I fear as soon as i run it across a tree, rock or smash a  fender he will literally faint, stroke out, or burst in to uncontrollable tears and fall to the fetal postion........... Noah is already mentally prepared for this and will be able to coup with any damage all while yelling " GO FASTER!!! NNNOOOO!!!! YOUR NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH!!
We must prepare for the worst.. Then again it has to make to the trail first.............

Noah,  Umm Hows progress  :017: