News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Here's my 79

Started by 80W150, November 12, 2013, 08:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

80W150

Well here it is fella's. My latest RC. 79 out of Cali via Texas. Long story short, bought the truck in May. Received truck in June. Had title, wrong VIN. (don't know if it was a bonded title or something but it wasn't manufacturers VIN) Took about two months to get title with good VIN. Got that, slapped insurance on it, drove it a little, sent it to a friends shop for work that frankly, I didn't feel like messing with right now. Got a call from him yesterday, it's finally in the shop and should be done by end of week/beginning of next week.(he's also using it as a "training aide" for the younger guys at his shop. Show them the ropes on dealing with the hubs/bearings)

Work getting done.
Headers (pictured) with dual 2.5" pipes. Flo-pro mufflers.(they have to weld the heads up. Has smog ports and in the description it didn't say anything about that.) Install O2 bung and sensor. (it's getting holley projection unit)

Rip apart front end. Turn rotors, new calipers/pads/rubber hoses, clean and repack wheel bearings, new axle shaft u-joints.

I installed new tranny pan and filter. (pan was leaking so just decided to get pan with drain plug.)

When I get it back going to pull the engine and reseal it. She has a couple leaks. Also throw in new tranny input seal while I'm there.

Also threw in new shocks, sway bar link bushings and 3 row radiator and borgenson steering shaft. Oh, and a mopar unsilenced air cleaner assembly. ;D

This winter just want to reseal engine and get the injection installed. Drive it next year and enjoy it. It's a pretty solid truck. We'll see where it goes after that.
Chuck

chau8238

It's a clean looking truck!  Very nice!   :13:

SixGun

That's pretty cool how you were able to balance the RC on the beer can.  Nice.... :o
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

that is a pretty nice rig. i wish i could have found one that nice.

80W150

Quote from: SixGun on November 12, 2013, 06:48:40 PM
That's pretty cool how you were able to balance the RC on the beer can.  Nice.... :o

Many years of practice. ;)
Chuck

80W150

Finally got the 79 back from the shop. On top of the stuff I listed instead of repacking the wheel bearings I just had him throw new ones in. Just made sense to me.

Drives and runs great. Sounds good with the new exhaust too. Just in time as well. Weather is getting crappy. Didn't want it to snow to where they threw salt on the roads then have to drive it in that crap. It has never seen salt, nor will it EVER.

Kinda funny, they wanted to test drive it but didn't get to it before I got up there. (I move fast when I get a call like that. :laughing7:) My buddy says on the phone "I'll take it down, throw some gas in it and run it just to make sure. You left me a truck with no gas." I says "no, it has gas. The gauge works, kinda. It just doesn't move much is all. Gotta drop the tank and check the sending unit." He says "Oh. Ok. Well, we'll run it but roads are getting a little icy." Told him not to worry about it. The drive home will be test drive. (50 miles) I trust their work. So I drive it home. I wasn't sure how much gas it had so here we go, wing and a prayer. I pull into the driveway, get the truck parked, my dad and I are listening to it idle and it happens, idle drops, sputters some, dies. I look at my dad and says "well, guess I don't have to worry about draining the tank before dropping it." We both found that a little humorous.

So soon, it will go in garage and the engine is coming out. Reseal, new chain and gears, check screen in oil pump, new water pump, new intake, fuel injection time. When that happens there will be pics.
Chuck

The War Wagon

Quote from: 80W150 on December 03, 2013, 04:19:24 PMSo soon, it will go in garage and the engine is coming out. Reseal, new chain and gears, check screen in oil pump, new water pump, new intake, fuel injection time. When that happens there will be pics.

Been there, done that, can't wait to see someone ELSE'S pictures!  ;D
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

80W150

:laughing4: Yeah, think I'm going to look at a new camera instead of taking pics with the phone. There's going to come a time where more detailed, bigger pics are going to be needed.
Chuck

crazzywolfie

sounds like you just need a better phone or see about adjusting the settings on your current phone. my phone usually takes 2048×1536 pictures and come out good for the most part.

80W150

Quote from: crazzywolfie on December 06, 2013, 10:53:32 PM
or see about adjusting the settings on your current phone.

You can do that? :laughing7: I'm not the most tech savvy creature roaming the planet. If it don't go boom or vroom I'm kinda lost. (I know. I should expand my horizons but I fear change.)
Chuck

crazzywolfie

lol. a lot of the newer phones have a lot of cool feature. sometimes you just got to play with the options. i know i just learned i can take panoramic pictures with my phone

workgoats

If you are using an I-phone, 4-s and newer phones have much better cameras.  They take pretty good video too.  They also have a flash that works sometimes.  They also take great pics of my thumb...

SixGun

:laughing4:  That's funny, Yolanda's camera seems to automatically go to the sky or the ground when she's filming.  We'll just have to get that checked out.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

I have taken a couple vids with mine. Both were of the wife shooting. One was with her .40 when I first got it for her and the next was with her and her 20 ga Remington....

It is odd how these phones/cameras take great pics of fingers and thumbs.  ;D
Chuck