News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 08, 2015, 08:14:04 AM
I couldn't believe how loud it was. At HF it seemed to be the quietest rig. So used to seeing him creeping slowly around the park. Tell you what, that sucker is tall. I'm 6 foot and is was tough to get in and out of. Especially holding my ice tea. Lol Banged my arm pretty bad on the striker bolt. Still bruised a week later. And I was worried about hitting my head on the roll cage.

Sorry about that Richard, I'm 6'2 and its a pain for me to get in and out of, especially with out a tilt column. The funny thing though, I thought Laura would have a problem getting in and out of it at HF, But damn she jumps in there a graceful as a cat!

The RC is rather loud, Noah and I have discussed extending the exhaust tips out to the back of the truck. Dumping right underneigth really makes it too loud and kick up to much dust.

But you think Mine is loud with a stock 318 with manifolds, Wait till you get your 77 RC with the 383 Big Block Going  :headbang:

SixGun

I was wondering if she got banged up.

Banged up or not, I had a blast. Must admit, it made me daydream about mine. :headbang:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 08, 2015, 10:17:22 PM
I was wondering if she got banged up.

Banged up or not, I had a blast. Must admit, it made me daydream about mine. :headbang:

Dreams Can Come True! Remember, Troxell Automotive is just up the road  :thumbsup:

rjtx667

up varying depending on location.

I would do more with him, but to limp stuff over there is a beating  :laughing7:

Instead I am trying to pull a tranny on my garage floor  :violent1:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 09, 2015, 08:13:16 AM
up varying depending on location.

I would do more with him, but to limp stuff over there is a beating  :laughing7:

Instead I am trying to pull a tranny on my garage floor  :violent1:

Well I use to build my Projects in dirt floor barn, But I got tired of working in the dirt and loosing all my tools.  ::)

rjtx667

I am starting a shop fund for me, but its going to take a while to get enough together for a small shop and the land to put it on. I will get there.

In the mean time I will do what I have to.

As long as its not the cummins thats broke I should be able to tow stuff around, but that cummins is a heavy beast!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 09, 2015, 12:32:28 PM
I am starting a shop fund for me, but its going to take a while to get enough together for a small shop and the land to put it on. I will get there.

In the mean time I will do what I have to.

As long as its not the cummins thats broke I should be able to tow stuff around, but that cummins is a heavy beast!!!

I started a "Shop/Land" Fund when I started in the oilfield........ I still haven't got there yet, So In the mean time I'm giving my money to Noah  ;D

It seems like every time I get close, I can either buy the shop or the land, Never both  ::)

SixGun

Noah just needs to let you know when one of his neighbors sells their property and that way his shop is nearby.  By that time his shop will be twice as big. That carport on 2 sides really extended the work area since the last time Ryan and I were there. It will probably have a cement slab by the next we go out. :sign0098:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 10, 2015, 07:38:49 PM
Noah just needs to let you know when one of his neighbors sells their property and that way his shop is nearby.  By that time his shop will be twice as big. That carport on 2 sides really extended the work area since the last time Ryan and I were there. It will probably have a cement slab by the next we go out. :sign0098:

Good Plan!! Buy Land next door to Noah and then build drive way from my place to his shop!!!!! Perfect Idea !  :thumbsup:

SixGun

Or just cut a hole in the fence. Oopsie...
:laughing7:

ProjectPW

The Death Charger would not start yesterday  :dontknow: ....... I think the issue with the the key/ignition switch that you have pointed out may be to blame.... It seems to have no spark.... I will look into it as soon as I have the time  :violent1:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on February 12, 2015, 08:51:59 AM
The Death Charger would not start yesterday  :dontknow: ....... I think the issue with the the key/ignition switch that you have pointed out may be to blame.... It seems to have no spark.... I will look into it as soon as I have the time  :violent1:

IT could be, try turn the key all the way back, then all the way forward a few times. I had the same problem with the W200.
Also while starting, Sometimes you can ease the key back as it still is cranking and it will catch.

Might have to put a "push button" ignition on it.

ProjectPW

it started right up yesterday like nothing happened  :tard: .... maybe i flooded it the other day... :dontknow:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

What offering did you give to the Dodge gods?

brused knuckles or something?

:laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on February 13, 2015, 07:53:10 AM
it started right up yesterday like nothing happened  :tard: .... maybe i flooded it the other day... :dontknow:

Its like a I tell lance, Crank until you get oil pressure, pump the gas pedal twice, the truck starts right up every time.

I still think the column has something funky going on in it.