News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Changing Jobs...

Started by Toyradio, December 20, 2013, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyradio

Finished up on my last on 11.24.13. Kinda figured I'd take off until the new year, wrong. I got a call last week about a G.F.'s job. Went and talked to them, and they hired me. I start on Monday at Exxon Mobil at Baytown. Its only 10 minutes from the house. Beats the hours and a half I drove to the last job. I have yet to meet the Supt. or sure how many hands I'll need to hire or what crafts. Playing it all by ear for now. :dance:

pir2

Sounds great.  Nice you can roll from one to the other like that :thumbsup:

taz_man440

2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

The War Wagon

A job in THIS economy, is a good thing indeed!!!  :thumbsup:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

80W150

Good deal. Congrats. And the shorter drive alone is worth it. That's a pay raise all on it's own.
Chuck

Toyradio

The job turned out to be a pain in the a$$. Ron it was worse than the Trey job. Last Wedneday they shut the job down...no prints or materials. Friday I got another gig with S & B Construction. Did all the necessary stuff today. I can start on Wednesday. Now on my way home I got a call from another company I applied for and they want me to come in for a second interview in the morning. So far the heck of it I'm going to see what they have to say. Work has really started to break loose around here. :13:

Billy Ram

1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.

workgoats

Skip, some of what we do is a lot like the Trey deal, dealing with oil countries and companies.  However, all I have to do is deal with the facilities and help a little in fabrication and loading.

Toyradio

I got the second job today. Now to pick which one I want. One pays more $32.00 hr, less hours 40 wk. Much more responsibility. The other is less pay $26.00 hr, longer hours 50 to 60 a week, no responsibility. One as a supervisor, the other on my tools. Looks like I'll be up thinking and praying about this. :violent1: