News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

So, it's a little late but...General Sam's

Started by workgoats, January 16, 2014, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Here's a few more pics.

One of the Land Rover damage.
One with the Land Rover pulling out the ferd.
One with the Land Rover doing something strange.
And, I really think I need some fender extensions.

workgoats

The CAD on the Cherokee didn't work.  Ernest was trying to fix the vacuum lines on the trail.  We eventually had to go back to camp when Ernest broke off a valve stem on the right front wheel.  We managed to get air back in the tire and drove a stick into the hole to get back to camp.  When we did, we finally got the Cherokee axle engaged.  It will stay that way.  All the gears turn anyway.  There's no reason to unlock it.

Land Rover wasn't that bad.  Picture has been posted.

We towed the yeller truck with a towbar behind the Cherokee.  We don't have a trailer ready yet.

SixGun

That's a cool pic of your truck.  Like a mean smiley face. LOL. You should consider making that pic your avatar.  Looks like some serious mud.  :headbang:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

We had a hard time getting the Land Rover out without damaging it more.  We pulled it away from where my truck was by using two trees and two snatch blocks, routing the rope around the truck and pulling it back out into the mud so we could line it up and get it out forward.

SixGun

So is the owner of the LR game for another outing after this experience?

Is that your daughter's Cherokee?

ProjectPW

looks like a fun and muddy time was had by all.... ferds getting pulled by LR's....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HA
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

workgoats

Quote from: SixGun on January 19, 2014, 09:17:04 AM
So is the owner of the LR game for another outing after this experience?

Is that your daughter's Cherokee?

Yes on both but the Cherokee will be mine in a car trade soon.

SixGun

Quote from: workgoats link=topic=292. Lmsg4242#msg4242 date=1390146006
Yes on both but the Cherokee will be mine in a car trade soon.

Sniff sniff... I smell another build a brewing.   :coffee2:

workgoats

SixGun

Looks like a lot of fun. That must be one giant swamp.  Music was a nice touch.  Really liked the first song , especially when it changed pitch at just the right moment when the LR slipped in the hole.  There was one scene that I noticed that busted headlight.   :thumbsup:

Just took Yolanda to work and sipping a cup of joe. I was about to order some parts for vacation next week and noticed this video. Great way to start the day.  :coffee2:

taz_man440

Hate I missed that... Looks fun....Hopefully next time Ya'll decide to go I can swing it...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

One day really wasn't enough.  We only went around most of the outside of the park.  We did not go into the middle, other than to the hill.

rjtx667

Looked like it was lots of fun. Next time y'all go let me know more in advance, if I can make it I will if not I can send the go pro  :laughing7:

But I have no right to go anywhere like that until I at least have a front locker... I was trying to get Ernest to change his front axle and sell me his, but it did not seem to work so I guess I have to keep looking.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Quote from: rjtx667 on January 21, 2014, 09:50:30 PM
Looked like it was lots of fun. Next time y'all go let me know more in advance, if I can make it I will if not I can send the go pro  :laughing7:

But I have no right to go anywhere like that until I at least have a front locker... I was trying to get Ernest to change his front axle and sell me his, but it did not seem to work so I guess I have to keep looking.

We had a field meeting today, discussing jobs coming up in the next few months.  It looks like it might be quite a while before Ernest and I will get a chance to do any wheeling. We knew that was coming so that was why we went on such short notice.  It's hard to do much off road stuff when you are on a boat off the coast of some South American country.