News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

ProjectPW '79 Utiline Build

Started by ProjectPW, February 26, 2014, 03:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectPW

I have been building this truck for almost 15 years.  Dad has owned it since new off the show room floor! Here are some pics of the latest improvements :)

The Doubler was the main attraction on this overhaul
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectPW

The shifter for the doubler is a snug fit , but awesome hardware. The steering was also upgraded with a PSC kit and some awesome Jungle frame boxing kits

ProjectM880

Now he shows what he has been doing all top secret!

ProjectPW

Suspension issues required further modification- Jungle Jim supplied spring hangers and shackles all around. All tied together with skyjacker 6" front springs and 4" lift rear chevy springs that measure i n at 56" in length. This pushed the rear axle back by 2". The front was pushed forward 1" with a zero rate block. Total lift = 7-8" over stock and should be able to clear the tires  :steeringwheel:

ProjectPW

There was also a small matter of the bed falling apart  :dontknow: .....any way here are a few pics to tease you ...... I will take some of the final product tomorrow  :thumbsup: ..... oh almost forgot about one more item. The doubler has required extensive modification of the transmission crossmember  :violent1: The final package will be using single 1410 ujoints (no more crappy CV) at the transfer case as well as the diffs

SixGun

That's some awesome stuff.  Looks like you will have a whole new truck the next time we see it.   :13:

In that last pic, what is that big box under the truck.  Is that for the gas tank?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on February 26, 2014, 09:40:52 PM
That's some awesome stuff.  Looks like you will have a whole new truck the next time we see it.   :13:

In that last pic, what is that big box under the truck.  Is that for the gas tank?

No that is the pass through for the front driveshaft- gas tank has been relocated to the bed (aluminum fuel cell) to allow for an exhaust system that wont get smashed- the battery has also migrated to the bed  :017:

SixGun

Like a super HD safety loop?  Also forgot to ask about tires.  You said the lift should fit the tires.  They fit before with less lift so are there new meats for this monster?

Cool beans  :thumbsup:

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on February 27, 2014, 07:53:16 AM
Like a super HD safety loop?  Also forgot to ask about tires.  You said the lift should fit the tires.  They fit before with less lift so are there new meats for this monster?

The crossmember mod is to clear the drive shaft. With the doubler and a lift the driveshaft runs right through the crossmember  :tard: It might work....we'll see I need to order driveshafts  :017: ......tires....what tires?  :o

ProjectPW

Here are a few more pics of  the crossmember and the shifter linkage

ProjectPW

The bed was competely overhauled also. After the last run at Marble Falls it became apparent that the bed was no longer really ....attached.....just kinda chillin' and boucing around with the rotting remains of the last boards we put in  :violent1:.  We used a 4x8 piece of diamond plate welded in from the bottom for a nice seamless "factory" look  :great: The fuel tank, fuel pump and battery were relocated to the front of the bed with the toolbox mounted behind leaving about four feet of bed space. Finishing touches included new mounts for the front of the bed that are actually attached now and a cool spray in bed liner called Gator Guard  :great:

ProjectPW

Her are a few more pics of the new suspension. The spring hanger and shackle flip setup from Jungle is awesome stuff.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 27, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

Richard you didn;t know that this is Noah  Inspiration for his truck!! Might clear the tires

SixGun

Inspiration.... hell I thought it was Noah's truck. :headbang:

ProjectM880

It sure has come a long ways in the last decade.