News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 81 ram

Started by crazzywolfie, August 13, 2012, 10:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on December 27, 2013, 01:05:33 PM
lol. i think trying to use one out of a newer caravan would be very hard just because of how high tech they are.

would this be the overhead console picture you saw that was installed in a ramcharger? if so i used one out of a 93 jeep Cherokee but i have heard one out of a caravan would fit better. it is just difficult to find parts for older vehicles.

That looks to be it.  If time and money weren't a concern  :tongue3: , making the new Caravan gizmos work, would be quite stunning in a RC I think.  Particularly in MINE.  :great:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

i lucked out and picked up the overhead console out of a 93 jeep for $20 that someone was parting out a jeep. i have almost been wanting to install a flip down dvd player or tv. just not sure. i just like having a console that tells me how cold it is outside and the extra lights because the stock light sucked. it would be nice if my ramcharger was not magnetized so that the compass would work but you can't have everything.

SixGun

That's a great idea for a project.  Be sure to take lots of pics and do a good write up. :great:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i will try. for some reason i don't think this will be something a lot of people would want to try just because of how complicated the wiring will probably be because the console is out of a 96. the console that i installed in my 93 had few more wires but was simpler.

SixGun

You fabricate it and do all the trial and error.  Then when you eliminate all the bugs, let everyone know how to wire it up correctly the first time.

crazzywolfie

lol. i am truly hoping i can just find another overhead console out of a older jeep or something just to make the electrical end of things simpler. wiring up one of the older overhead consoles is pretty easy. you usually have your constant power wire, ground, ignition power and door jamb switch wire that turns the lights on. the console i got out of my 93 had 2 wires for the temp sensor where the console out of the 96 don't. the temp sensor connects to the body control module which connects to the overhead console through the CCD wires. i will also have to build some type of overhead console to hold the console just because of how tall the console is.

80W150

Cool thread. Never considered put any lights on relays but now.......

I got a Taurus v6 fan for mine. That covers quite a bit of the radiator too. Going to put that in and wire it up soon.
Chuck

crazzywolfie

Thanks. from now on i plan in using relays anywhere i can.

Not a big fan of ford fans because the pull a lot of power on startup and usually require the heavy duty expensive ford relaybthat is rated for 70amps or something like that. dodge ones seem to usually not pull as much power and cool things just fine. i also like the dual fan setup so that i am not forced to rely on just one fan

crazzywolfie

swapped carbs once again and now running in to even more issue. it seems something is wrong with the accelerator pump squirter on the 670 that i just re-installed. broke a fuel rail o-ring on the 390's carb. not having a whole lot of luck. driving a truck with a non functioning accelerator circuit sucks.

SixGun

Oh oh... time to go TBI. :headbang:

crazzywolfie

no money to go TBI. it would cost more to go TBI than it would cost to buy a new carb. i changed carb yet again. put the 390 back on after i kind of re positioned the o-ring on it. i think it still leaks but not as bad as it was. it is better than trying to drive with a bad accelerator pump.

crazzywolfie

well i kind of redneck fixed the 390 holley after i noticed the o-ring leaking again. used a leftover piece from the last rebuild kit that i ordered for it. so far it seems to be working and think it will last longer than the o-ring and will not break as easily. since things seemed to be working so good i decided to crush some ice.

SixGun

Ahhhh man, when you said crushed ice, I thought we were talking about Margaritas..  yum yum.   :035:

Nice pics Mat   :great:

crazzywolfie

lol. you wouldn't want this ice.

thanks. i like taking picks.

crazzywolfie

i forgot to post pics of the newer backup light in action. since it is winter and has been getting dark so soon i have been able to get some good pictures of them working.