News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 81 ram

Started by crazzywolfie, August 13, 2012, 10:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

well i seemed to have discovered what has been causing me so much of a headache over the last 6 or so months. it appears my issue has most likely been with the fuel pump all this time. it just took me 6 months to figure it out. installed a used carter high flow fuel pump and so far so good. i still need to do a bit of tuning but i seem to be able to get around without the truck stalling and my idle seems to hold a steady vacuum at 22in-hg just like it use to before i started having these issues.

crazzywolfie

still haven't got to do too much to my truck as far as modifications go. i did have to mess with my camber a bit after i discovered my 1 tire had some bad camber issues. i also axed the 96 jeep overhead console this weekend after i found a caravan overhead console. for anyone that is interested the 93 jeep overhead console follows the roof way better than the caravan overhead console. obviously with some work it could be made to work in a ramcharger but i plan on using this in my truck so it is really not that big of an issue. got to chop and modify it anyway because it is too long for my truck. i also started swapping it to LED. only thing that sucks is i can't remember what i did with all my LED's so i may have to order more or wait and hope i find the one's i have. onto pictures

The War Wagon

Interesting... I have access to a '97 WJ for parts... I may have to get the console, just to play with it in MY truck!   8)
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

as long as it is not a grand cherokee you should be able to make it work. silly grand Cherokee's are way more complicated and impossible to use without way more work than it is worth. also don't forget to grab the ambient temp sensor. on a 97 jeep it should be on the radiator support cross member behind the bumper.

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on May 20, 2014, 06:01:13 PMas long as it is not a grand cherokee you should be able to make it work.

D'OH! :tard:

SixGun

Quote from: crazzywolfie on May 20, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
also don't forget to grab the ambient temp sensor. on a 97 jeep it should be on the radiator support cross member behind the bumper.

I mounted mine on my finger so I can stick out the window while I'm driving. Lol. It has 2 settings - Hot & Damn Hot ! :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on May 21, 2014, 12:00:43 AM
I mounted mine on my finger so I can stick out the window while I'm driving. Lol. It has 2 settings - Hot & Damn Hot ! :laughing7:

Mine mounts to the inside glass.  If it sticks TO the glass, then I need to put my gloves back on.  If it DOESN'T stick, then I can roll the windows down!   

crazzywolfie

Quote from: The War Wagon on May 20, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

D'OH! :tard:
lol. it would be nice to have them options up here. then i might actually get more work done on my truck and have less rust to deal with

crazzywolfie

well i got it mocked up. looks good but i still have to make some trim out of wood for it. the console definitely don't follow the roof very good but at least i got better overhead lights. plus while i was hooking it up i found my spare led lights in the glove box so i now have matching white led lights.

Dracen

Looking good I went full led on my truck and love it.

The War Wagon

Quote from: Dracen knights on May 21, 2014, 03:38:39 PM

Start a thread and post some pics.  I'd like to see it, and I bet others would too!   :thumbsup:

crazzywolfie

Quote from: Dracen knights on May 21, 2014, 03:38:39 PM
thanks. i went all led in my ramcharger a long time ago but with my truck it has been tricky because of the silly 1004 bulb. i don't think you can get led replacements for them plus i really wanted the overhead console and having the lights where they would be more convenient. there must be a reason all the new trucks have the lights up over the mirror area instead.
Quote from: The War Wagon on May 21, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Start a thread and post some pics.  I'd like to see it, and I bet others would too!   :thumbsup:
he did start a thread. the title might have just been a bit misleading
http://ramcharger.net/index.php/topic,345.0.html

crazzywolfie

i just thought i would share a night shot of the light output of the led lights in the overhead console. the light output from them is good and lights the cab up a lot better than the stock cab light.

and here was another project on my list. i don't know if i will use the lights too much they will be on my truck.

Dracen

ok I want some of those green lights where did you get them and what are they? 

Quote from: crazzywolfie on May 21, 2014, 07:56:20 PM
he did start a thread. the title might have just been a bit misleading
http://ramcharger.net/index.php/topic,345.0.html

Thanks you might be right I posted it with her name first...LOL

crazzywolfie

i got mine out of a dumpster near work. they were brand new still in packaging but my local walmart sells some similar lights at way more than i would spend on lights. you could probably buy some green led strips or RGB strips that would do the same job. i was just using stuff that i had sitting around.