News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

76 RC rear driveshaft needed TX

Started by SixGun, April 14, 2014, 03:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Its been 2 years and I can't remember if I had a rear driveshaft or not. Bad case of CRS I guess. Can't find it if I did.   :dontknow:

I'm in San Antonio.
Thanks,
Richard
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

I have the driveshaft that goes to the rear end you bought from me. that help any?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 16, 2014, 04:05:29 PM
I have the driveshaft that goes to the rear end you bought from me. that help any?

I will probably have to resize it anyways.  I wonder if I can talk Noah or Eric into bringing it back from your Easter Spring Fling at HF.   

Just curious how your stock driveshaft fit length wise with the 4" lift?  Any issues?  Didn't you do the shackle flip also?

rjtx667

I did not see this in time and did not bring them, but we can figure something out. I want to do a sea world trip with the boys soon.

I have no issues with my driveshafts on my lift. I did not even have to adjust my pinion angle.... I was shocked. granted I did not install the 2" lift blocks either. I did not do the shackle flip because it was at a height I like... I just need more than 31's on it so I don't high center the difs
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

I'll have a spare '92 driveshaft soon!  I met with Hank at Pittsburgh Driveshaft today - showed him what I was going to do with the slip yoke eliminator.  He showed me the driveshaft he already HAS to replace my old one!  :o   The man is GOOD!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

Richard I'm pretty sure I have the original worn out drive shafts out of my 78. They are yours if you want them.

SixGun

Thanks!

I was just telling Ryan that it looks like he'll be using his extra one now.

On a side note,I had a hard time finding 7260s online. Anyone know of a source?  Looks like Denny's Driveshaft discontinued them.

rjtx667

Quote from: The War Wagon on April 19, 2014, 01:10:32 AM
I'll have a spare '92 driveshaft soon!  I met with Hank at Pittsburgh Driveshaft today - showed him what I was going to do with the slip yoke eliminator.  He showed me the driveshaft he already HAS to replace my old one!  :o   The man is GOOD!

and how much does the magic toy run?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on April 20, 2014, 08:52:05 PM
Thanks!

I was just telling Ryan that it looks like he'll be using his extra one now.

On a side note,I had a hard time finding 7260s online. Anyone know of a source?  Looks like Denny's Driveshaft discontinued them.

Noah Swears by Amazon and Ebay.

The War Wagon

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 20, 2014, 09:05:26 PM
and how much does the magic toy run?

SYE = $451 shipped
New driveshaft with double cardon - $325
Installation of both = Lord ONLY knows...  ::)

Doing "Dukes of Hazzard" jumps in your RC...

Priceless!  :tongue3:

rjtx667

I can already do the jumps (I think I proved that this weekend)... its just the landings that don't go well... and if you want the old shows closely they had the same results most of the time.  :laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Well jumping around the boondocks of TX is all fine and well, but I'm 4 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.  So when I wanna have an urban wheeling adventure, this is what I'M thinking of!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82140866/

My college wingman (who was a dead ringer for Seagal back in THOSE days - 6' 2", black hair and ponytail) and I were eating this stuff up back in 1990 at the U.  It's only taken 24 years now, but I've got the 1911's

I've got the Benelli M1 Super 90

And I'm a SYE and new driveshaft away, from having the RAMCHARGER to do it in!  And I can find the Jamaican Voodoo Posse about 2 miles away - all the ingredients you need for a great afternoon of URBAN wheeling in your RAMCHARGER!!!   :great: