News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Austin, TX 78 Dodge CL find

Started by SixGun, May 28, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Since 70* is winter  :laughing7:  we don't consider it hot until it hits 90* or more.  :sunny:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on May 30, 2014, 08:29:37 AM
As far as big block specific, power steering bracket is elusive.  Thinking about a Cummins radiator since they are a dime a dozen and big block Mopar ones are $300-500. Any thoughts on this?

I will dig through my BB parts and look through Noah's and see if we can turn up with something. I will keep you informed. As far as radiators, any good 3-4 core radiator should work fine. I have a bunch of used radiator of different sizes that your more then willing to take off my hands. Also if you have a 3-4 core radiator you could always have it recored for a lot let cost then buying a new one. I don;t thing cummins radiators are that big.

Quote from: The War Wagon on May 30, 2014, 08:32:53 AM

It's an interesting truck, but living in TX, I'd wanna make sure that a/c is ARCTIC cold first! 

I was born in '67 - POST baby boom.  Like all of us born after '64, I have the freon gene.  When it's over 70o, and I'm OUT of the presence of freon, I start getting the DT's!!!   :o

70*???? That's a Texas Winter! bbbuuurrrr get a jacket  :laughing4:

I plan to put AC in this truck....... One day.

ProjectM880

Richard, These guys have just about everything you need for a big block in a truck. If its in the budget
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/power_steering_brackets

SixGun

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 30, 2014, 09:01:43 AM
Richard, These guys have just about everything you need for a big block in a truck. If its in the budget
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/power_steering_brackets

Yeah I just hate paying $75 for a $10 part.  I'm just hoping that by the time mine is ready to roll, one will come knocking on the door. Let me post my address.   :039:

SixGun

I have a big block radiator that needed repair but come to find out that early big blocks and later big blocks have the inlet/outlets on opposite sides. What a bummer that was. Mine is a 67 block and the lower inlet needs to be on the driver side or I'll have to find a newer style water pump housing. I know I can buy a new one at full price in aluminum but then it won't be a JY dog.   :laughing7:

ProjectM880

The truck is officially at Troxell automotive  :dance:

SixGun

Good find. Are you gonna use those axles for your CTD swap?  I know you guys only like D60s.  Hint hint

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on May 30, 2014, 08:17:16 PM
Good find. Are you gonna use those axles for your CTD swap?  I know you guys only like D60s.  Hint hint

I wont be using the front axle that's for sure  ;D

ProjectM880

SixGun

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 31, 2014, 08:17:48 AM
Here you go richard, 60's and fuel injected 360
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4496879249.html

4.56 Dana 60's?!?!  :o

Oooh - Ooooh - Oooh!!!

Me WANTY!!!    :headbang:

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

The bad thing is that it has been sitting for something like 10 years.  Ummm.....what is that in dog err..Ramcharger years??