News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6226/how-to-fix-your-windshield-wiper-motors/

Found this article on wiper motors. At the bottom is a section on parking. Might be able to repair it.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

it never hurts to try fixing it first. they are definitely a pain in the but to replace tho so make sure you get it working properly before putting it back on. i think you have to loosen or almost remove the brake booster to get them out.

SixGun

Yeessh......I gotta do what I gotta do.  :icon_scratch:

crazzywolfie

could always try to find a truck that is sitting around and swap with it :laughing7:. i am pretty sure there has got to be lots of trucks sitting around that have wiper motors that don't need the

bullboy0852

Or you could have the one off my 87 I'm parting out

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

SixGun

Quote from: bullboy0852 on January 29, 2016, 05:01:21 AM
Or you could have the one off my 87 I'm parting out

Is it a variable speed?

bullboy0852

Yessir

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

SixGun

crazzywolfie

i don't think it makes a difference if it has variable speed or not. it is the same motor either way. not like on the 84 and older truck where there is an extra wire on the motors with delay.

SixGun

Hmmm....so the delay/variable switch controls that function.

crazzywolfie

well actually i think there is a box under the dash that the switch is hooked to that controls the function but ya. motors should be the same. the looks of them did change a bit between 85 and 93 but they all got the same connector. same wires on the diagrams. when parts shopping at the auto recycle and you see a 85-87ish dodge with delay wipers you may want to see about grabbing the wiper module as a spare. when they go bad they can be hard to find. they look like this and are usually right beside the buzzer under the dash

SixGun

SixGun

Took Carter for a ride to the gas station. Started feeling a vibration. Slowed down and BAM a wheel came off.  Looks like lug nuts on this wheel were not torqued down. Bad thing is that the sheet metal behind the wheel folded under. Major body work. Really sucks...

rjtx667

I am glad to not be the only one that has had that issue... sorry you messed your body up.

It did not look too bad, maybe a replacement patch and a little paint and you will be good to go.

Besides the wheel coming off how did the test go?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

It was smooth starting out. Got up to around 65 at one point. Speedo may not be accurate so dunno for sure.

Landed on the backing plate as the drum flew off. Little brake hardware all over the place.

What a bummer.  Noah told me, "Well...
that's one step forward and two steps back."
:crybaby2: