News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Need Prayer

Started by rjtx667, July 22, 2014, 07:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

So I am now in the beginnings of a divorce. Sadly we just could not work it out, it seems even now its impossible to agree to anything.

I have been trying to get her to agree to equal time with the kids but for whatever reason I cannot understand she is refusing.

We go to court Thursday morning.... I can use all the prayers and thoughts I can get.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Sorry to hear about that.  :(   Since you are a praying man, I trust you also have a church home.  Get your pastor involved as well.

And if you belong to a church with a female priestesseseseseseseseses...  ::)  ... get a NEW church.
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Ryan, sorry it came to that.  You know you can call me any time.  As always, Yolanda and I pray that all goes well.  Especially for the kiddos sake, hope you guys can reach some kind of agreement for equal time. Let us know if there is anything we can do even if its just to listen. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

sucks to here that. divorces are usually only good for the lawyers who make tons of money off the people that can't agree on who gets what. hopefully the whole thing goes fairly smoothly and you are able to avoid lawyers as much as possible.

SixGun

Quote from: crazzywolfie on July 22, 2014, 08:45:39 AM
sucks to here that. divorces are usually only good for the lawyers who make tons of money off the people that can't agree on who gets what. hopefully the whole thing goes fairly smoothly and you are able to avoid lawyers as much as possible.

Unfortunately, an attorney is usually needed to protect you.  I went through a divorce years ago.  Without an attorney of my own, the ex's attorney tried to get me to agree that she get everything and I get the shaft.  Fortunately, my Dad consulted for an attorney (not a divorce attorney) and make a few recommendations to protect my ass. Released my VA loan and she had to find her own financing on the house to get it in her own name and release it from my credit.  She had a time frame to do so. Also divided the credit cards.  I couldn't retain an attorney since she cleaned out our joint accounts.  I still keep separate accounts to this day.  My ex ended up selling the house since she couldn't get financing. And to this day she hasn't paid a dime on her division of the credit cards.  I don't open joint credit cards anymore either and pretty much keep a cash and carry attitude.  I was able to clear up my credit after several years and soon after meeting Yolanda and the kids we bought a house in my name before marriage.  I tell you without hesitation, divorce is life changing. Unload things now before the court makes you split it.  First one to finish line wins.

Toyradio

Hate to hear this. There is no real winner in a divorce. The children suffer the most. Wishing you the best and praying for you and the family.

crazzywolfie

Quote from: SixGun on July 22, 2014, 08:49:15 AM
Unfortunately, an attorney is usually needed to protect you.  I went through a divorce years ago.  Without an attorney of my own, the ex's attorney tried to get me to agree that she get everything and I get the shaft.  Fortunately, my Dad consulted for an attorney (not a divorce attorney) and make a few recommendations to protect my ass. Released my VA loan and she had to find her own financing on the house to get it in her own name and release it from my credit.  She had a time frame to do so. Also divided the credit cards.  I couldn't retain an attorney since she cleaned out our joint accounts.  I still keep separate accounts to this day.  My ex ended up selling the house since she couldn't get financing. And to this day she hasn't paid a dime on her division of the credit cards.  I don't open joint credit cards anymore either and pretty much keep a cash and carry attitude.  I was able to clear up my credit after several years and soon after meeting Yolanda and the kids we bought a house in my name before marriage.  I tell you without hesitation, divorce is life changing. Unload things now before the court makes you split it.  First one to finish line wins.
i have just heard some divorce can be messy and expensive and some can be clean and cheap depending on whether you go through the lawyers to decide who gets to keep what or not.

now is that a hint that you need a couple more ramchargers? :laughing7:

SixGun

No .... just telling a friend that he needs to protect himself.  Family members can get a temporary gift. Hint hint  :laughing7:

crazzywolfie

ya both side will most likely need there own lawyer eventually. just hopefully it will be kept to a minimum to keep the whole thing cheap. 

taz_man440

Ryan if ya need a place to store your toys, Ill buy em for $1. each.. you can buy em back when its alll over..
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

thanks for the support. I am hoping we can begin to be amicable at some point.

She requested a delay on the hearing. Expected to get it rescheduled for next week... nope its Aug 13. So we have 3 weeks to go.

These things happen, and maybe it gives us the time we need to reach a deal. My fingers are crossed.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Call me if there's anything I can do to help.