News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

82 RC with a Magnum 360 now for sale....Texas

Started by workgoats, July 26, 2012, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Nick's 82 RC that we pulled the 318 out of and installed a '96 magnum 360 in is for sale.  He is working in Louisiana, living in Texas, has three daughters and a wife and just doesn't have the time to finish it.

It has a clean body with only minimum rust and no real cancer.
the clear coat was not a good application and is peeling
it has custom bumpers, front and rear
we modified the 727 to accommodate a crank position sensor
computer is a MegaSquirt II+
Truck is running, starts well but needs the computer fine tuned
It has front seats from the 96 Dodge 1500
It has less than 500 miles on 32x11.50x15 all terrains
It has the 96 fuel pump installed in a modified 82 gas tank
It has duals with no cats
it is missing a few parts on the emergency brakes
727 modified for a crank position sensor
208 transfer with manual hubs
driver's side door window was broken by a rock and we have a replacement (the glass is still intact.  It has not been raining in the vehicle)

Nick would like to get $3,500 but will entertain lower offers.

These pictures were taken the day we picked up the truck.

Here is the Magnum engine just after installed.

Here we are loading the truck after the magnum was installed.

rjtx667

that's a nice truck, wish I had the cash for it... but other projects have about run me dry  :(
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Price on this is lowered to $2500.

Anybody interested?

Tires, magnum, seats, computer...

rjtx667

your gonna make me find some $$ aren't you?

I have to sell a 91 buick first, unless he wants a part trade for a car with good gas milage lol.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

Dodgestrike

I would like to see a thread about the megasquirt installation and how did you programed it  8)
MOPAR
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Remover.

workgoats

Quote from: Dodgestrike on August 05, 2012, 01:04:37 AM
I would like to see a thread about the megasquirt installation and how did you programed it  8)

We started a thread on that. I don't remember how far we went with it. I will see what we have.

Originally we bought a computer to put together.  I assembled it, planning on using input from a hall effect distributer. I still have that computer and hope to put it in the Willyreplica. We bought a second computer that was assembled by them and set up for a signal from the crank position sensor.

After we got crossed wire sorted out the truck started immediately.  It wouldn't idle. I sent a log to my contact at MS and he told us what we had set wrong. We changed that and pretty much nothing else.

Nick is the only one to drive it. I think it has a little bit of preignition knock some where in the RPM curve.

REB

Really like those bumpers, got a design, thread or something showing more detail on how it was built
Thanks

taz_man440

Well, as fate would have it this truck is sitting on my trailer in the back yard as of tonight....  It is missing a few parts, easier to say what IS there..LOL   frame / body / interior.... thats about it..... lol  it will donate its body to my 87 beast. frame will be scrapped after the spring hangers get cutoff. ( part of the sales agreement).. anyway... maybe i will make a thread about it at some point...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

:victory:
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Quote from: REB on November 01, 2012, 12:18:29 AM
Really like those bumpers, got a design, thread or something showing more detail on how it was built
Thanks

I missed this one and it was nearly two years ago, but the bumpers were on the truck when Nick bought it.  They looked good at first glance but they had some shortages.  As for me, I usually build bumpers that function as bumpers.  The more and thicker the steel, the better...