News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Huaco Springs - no off roading

Started by workgoats, August 12, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I'll be going to the Guadalupe River Wednesday, August 20 and staying till sometime Friday if anyone wants to come visit.  There will be a lot of grand-kids present so we will go home before the beer party starts Friday night.

I hope to take the yellow and primer colored truck.  I need to fine tune the acceleration stuff on the computer but I think I'm on the right track. 

Last outing it covered the windshield with mud right off.  I have extended the front fenders out 2" to fix that. 

I've also spent a lot of time pulling and replacing the transmission.  I think I have finally solved all the problems.  I rebuilt a transmission pump from the 87 tranny and installed it in the 82 tranny.  I also plugged the stock transmission vent and installed one in the top of the case while the pump was out.

The Chrysler transmission that we all have was originally put on the road in 1956 in a steel case.  Not much has changed since then.  I suspect the original engineers would be pulling hair seeing their transmission in water and mud deep enough to pour in through the original vent.

Anyway, if you're still reading, I will be camped as close to Huaco Springs by the first crossing (Rockin R Campground) if yall want to come by.  Will have fire pit and some oak.  Phone number has not changed and I might even answer it, unless floating...

workgoats

The more I think about it, I may drive over Tuesday night and camp.  Rest of the family won't be coming till Wednesday.

SixGun

Are you going yo fish or just camping?  I just found out that you don't need a license to fish in state parks anymore. I might be up for a day trip or an overnighter. I'll let you know for sure.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

We camped at Huaco Springs campground.  That's part of the Rockin R setup.  There were very few people there during the early part of the week.  But, there wasn't much water flowing either.  It wasn't really a float trip situation but I rented some tubes and we played in the still water in front of the camp.  There was a 25 ft or so cliff with 40 ft deep water below it.  Most everyone except me jumped off  the cliff.We left early on Friday, before the beer party started.

No fishing.  I can do all that I want at work.  We have three ponds.  One has catfish, one has large mouth bass and the other has hybrid stripers.  And then there's the water feature with perch, catfish, goldfish and Koi.  I don't need to fish...

rjtx667

sounds like you need to take us to your work so we can fish  :evil6:

Love me some good striper
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins