News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ramcharger.net Fall Wheeling Meet - Oct 24th - 26th

Started by ProjectM880, August 19, 2014, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on October 09, 2014, 07:24:05 AM
If you are bringing your fire pit, I don't know if I need to bring mine.  I have lots of good oak if I need to bring it and I plan on bringing my griddle for breakfast.

No Problem Ron, Between Noah, lance, and I ,one of use will bring the pit out

Aaron S

Well, this week has been freaking awesome. The engine in the '58 seized up on the way back from my folk's place on Wednesday. No warning at all. It was running perfect, then it started squeaking like a failed u-joint. I pulled of the road to check it out and before I could even coast to a stop the engine was locked up tighter than a nun's chastity belt... then the idiot lights came on. So Friday I drove the yellow truck over to Brutal to talk with James about rebuilding the 354 Hemi I have for the '58 (that has always been the plan for that truck, but I didn't think it would be happening so soon). Then on the way home the FASS lift pump on the yellow truck died... I was at least able to cripple it back to the house on the injector pump.

I was planning on bringing the '58 on this run, that is not happening now. If I can get the yellow truck going in time I will bring it, otherwise I'll just throw the Rokon in the back of the pickup and see if it breaks too... then park employees can gripe at me for not wearing a helmet because I don't own one.

At least I can still look forward to going to the dentist this week. Oh, wait...

workgoats

I still have no idea what we will be bringing or how we will get it there. 

I do know that my son-in-law and grand-daughter will have to get off work and out of school first so we will not be able to leave College Station before 4:00 PM on Friday.  I hope someone can make arrangements to get us in if we get there after the park shuts up shop.

Ryan, I hope you can pick up keys to our cabin and I will come with cash to bail you out.

ProjectM880

Don't worry Ron, We will all get it figured out. A good chunk of us will be driving on New modifications , So there is no telling what will happen once we get there.  :icon_scratch:

rjtx667

I am not sure when I will arrive, but will be sure to let the park know it will be late
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Oh oh, Ron is coming and Ryan is coming late. Who is picking up the cabin keys?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

I'll call Ryan tomorrow and we will work out something about picking up the keys.

Once again, who is planning on getting there first on Friday?

SixGun

KeystoneSmooth

Who is CONFIRMED for the weekend of October 24th at Hidden Falls? Wanted to get a bit of a head count and maybe see who is bringing what food / supply wise. :headbang:
1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

workgoats

Food is a pretty fluid type thing.  We seem to all bring some food and we generally share pretty good.  I plan on cooking bacon, eggs, some kind of fried poatatoes and toast on the griddle mornings.  Usually bring hamburger meat and all beef hot dogs for supper and hope someone like the Garzas have something better.  Often cold cuts and chips for lunch. (depends on how many broken trucks)

Ryan will have a smoker and there will be at least one, maybe two fire pits and a bunch of oak.  Oak is already cut. Yolanda and Richard always cook something too.

It's only 8 or 9 miles to a grocery store so I don't worry too much if we need to go to the store.  It's close to the parts houses too.

KeystoneSmooth

OK, I will be bringing a Coleman stove and plenty ole fuel.

I will also be bringing a small air compressor for camp; anyone by any chance able to bring a welder just in case?
Keystone Smooth.

ProjectM880

KeystoneSmooth

Exhaust fumes for breakfast, and maybe a bit of tranny fluid for lunch. Rotella is the main course for dinner! :confused2:
Keystone Smooth.

ProjectM880

Quote from: hookemhorns08 on October 17, 2014, 10:35:13 AM
Exhaust fumes for breakfast, and maybe a bit of tranny fluid for lunch. Rotella is the main course for dinner! :confused2:

Breakfast of Champions!!!

SixGun

And I thought only Dave smoked tranny fluid for lunch.  :hal:

Shoot Yolanda and I were planning on eating roadkill.  Guess we'll have to bring real food now.  :icon_scratch:

BBQ possum okay? :sign0137:

Hopefully Noah is bringing his infamous  gourmet coffee.   :thumbsup: