News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Another Cherokee?

Started by workgoats, September 24, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

James wouldn't bid on it so I bid and bought a 94 4x4 Grand Cherokee with a 4 liter for $550.00.  It has a few problems, the biggest being that it is in Odessa.  That's only about 450 miles from my house...

Problem number two is it's color.  It's PURPLE.

Starts and goes forwards and backwards.  That's better than some vehicles I have bought.  I have it home some time Friday night.

joemouton

If it shifts all gears and goes in reverse then its a deal. I have friends who own Cherokees and thats the only problem they had was the tranny goes out at 130k.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

SixGun

Hmmmm...prayple and yeller. 

Sounds like a good deal. 4.0 are workhorse motors from what I've heard.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

Ok, it's a grand Cherokee. They redid the engine compartment and put a real radiator in them for the optional 318.

Maybe I should drop a 360 in it.

Low range on the transfer is 2.72. It could be the "One eyed, one horned crawling purple mountain eater!" :035:

workgoats

I guess I should start a build on this but I can't afford to do much.  It is home and there doesn't appear to be much wrong with it but I have had lots of time behind the wheel of the truck pulling it and very little time with the Jeep.  Front bumper cover is fairly loose and both parking lights are damaged.

There are some improvements/changes over the earlier Cherokees that are quick to be seen.  The seats are better.  There is a real radiator and it doesn't have a pressurized overflow bottle.  Horsepower was increased from 177 to 190.  It has a bigger gas tank.  It also has done away with the leaf springs on the rear, using parallel links and although I didn't see or look for it, there must be some sort of panhard rod.  IT HAS CUP HOLDERS.

89PWRRAM

What I miss, what I miss?? Damm that's a good find Ron!!  Might as well make a trail rig out of it. Has good articulation as it has coil springs all the way around.
1989 W150, 360cid, 38" Swamper SSR's,1Ton Driveline. Crossover Steering, Rear Shackle and U-Bolt Flip.

Billy Ram

1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.

SixGun

If you are still trying to figure what yoke size is what. Go to Denny's driveshaft and they have all the measurements posted for all ujoint styles.  That's what I use. Let me know if you still need me to hunt picknpull for you.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket