News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1982 Ramcharger

Started by taz_man440, October 07, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Yep yep...looks good.  You think it will be ready next go round at HF?

We missed you out there. :steeringwheel:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

taz_man440

I sure hope to be able to make one, would love to go towards General Sam's again too...  I'm really working toward getting this thing legal, so exhaust is next.. When its done I'm gonna make sure its not gonna get crushed when I make it to Hidden Falls again...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

Noah and Eric did great on their exhaust, they routed it way up high... I bet it was a PITA but it looked good.  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Got the exhaust done last week. got insurance on it today & tomorrow gonna go do an inspection & register it.    The exhaust he used 2" & ran it off the flowmasters down the rear frame & did a 45* toward the bumper then angle cut the tip. Sounds really good and its up where nothing will smash it when I make it back to Hidden Falls...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

Quote from: taz_man440 on June 08, 2015, 10:02:16 PM
.. and its up where nothing will smash it when I make it back to Hidden Falls...

you know you just damned yourself right?  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Quote from: rjtx667 on June 08, 2015, 10:11:11 PM
you know you just damned yourself right?  :laughing7:

LOL   I have been to town twice to get an inspection & both times the TXDOT systems were down.... think that is a sign? 

LOLZ
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Both sides are like this.  Now I just need the gas tank skid plate,  I used to have one around here but seems like it got ran over or something cause it wasn't the correct shape & so it got sent to the scrap pile. :violent1:
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

that does look good.

I already gave away my spare skid plate... sorry... unless you can get it off Eric's rig without him noticing  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Its official, Its legal!!   Tax lady almost made me mad saying the value was only $700, but then taxes are based on THEIR value, not mine..LOL 

Next upgrade is electric fans. What is the best setup to look for that fits these radiators the best. i would like to be a dual fan setup. I currently have 1 pusher on the front but its not even worth hooking back up.
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Will,

I do not take credit for all of your wiring problems but just most...  BUT, I have four 33" Firestone Mud Terrains mounted on 10 or 12" wide Baha Aluminum wheels.  I do not have a truck to put them on.  Are you interested?  I need one 33 X 12.5 tire to go on my trailer if I let you have them because one is on the trailer now.  That's the wheels that were on the red truck and the last set of tires that I bought.

taz_man440

Quote from: workgoats on June 13, 2015, 09:10:52 PM
Will,

I do not take credit for all of your wiring problems but just most...  BUT, I have four 33" Firestone Mud Terrains mounted on 10 or 12" wide Baha Aluminum wheels.  I do not have a truck to put them on.  Are you interested?  I need one 33 X 12.5 tire to go on my trailer if I let you have them because one is on the trailer now.  That's the wheels that were on the red truck and the last set of tires that I bought.

Ron, The wiring was actually a lot easier to deal with than the wiring I had in the 87.  I just traced hot wires for the MSD & then ran new alternator wires. Nothing major.  As for the tires?  I couldn't use them unless they are 16" to put on my 8 lug rims. (3/4 ton's under Ramcharger).

2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

That's the reason I can't use them.  I have all Cherokees and Grand Cherokees.  And when I get the 57 Powerwagon home it will end up with 8 lug wheels.  I didn't realize you had gone to real axles.

You wouldn't believe how much of the wiring the owner before Nick had screwed up.  I cut a lot out and threw it away.

ProjectPW

Ron what is the bolt pattern on these wheels?
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

taz_man440

Noah, Should be the standard 5x 5.5

2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Sorry I haven't been on much but anyway, the wheels and tires were sold to a guy that works for me.  I'm sorry, but they will end up on a ferd.

I started with these wheels when my son got his first vehicle, a 64 ferd unibody 4x4.  The wheels had come from a Jeep originally, and when my son got ready to sell the unibody, I made him change tires and wheels with me.

The wheels that were on the red truck were all new, bought in 2009.  The remaining wheels from the 80s are still on the trailer many of you have seen at the off road parks.