News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1982 Ramcharger

Started by taz_man440, October 07, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

I know its been a while but life keeps rolling,  I have recently made a major change in the old goat.
I have been looking for new (to me) tires 35"-37" for a 16" rim with no good results.
The tires on the old goat were getting really bad shape.  I ran across a set of 20" wheels & tires for cheap so I jumped on em... I then placed the old 36"s on a facebook trade site & sold em for $200 within 2 days....
Now they kinda look about right on the old goat to me since the paint on the truck is bubbled & faded,
the chrome on the rims have a few peeling spots & has some oxidation here & there.. So its not all about
the bling..LOL

For reference the 16" are 36" tires & the 20"s are equal to 35"  I have also cut the centers of the front covers to allow access to the lockouts.
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

not bad looking, but yeah looks like you need some bigger tires.

Granted I am sure people say that about my truck.   :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Next on the to do list is install new spider gears in the rearend.  The Lincoln locked rear is very annoying...  Makes the truck jump when turning.   Don't wanna bust an axle since parts are hard to come by.   Ordered a new set of spider gears off Amazon. Now just to wait for the rain to let up so I can get under the truck to fix...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectPW

Quote from: taz_man440 on March 09, 2016, 11:06:05 AM
Next on the to do list is install new spider gears in the rearend.  The Lincoln locked rear is very annoying...  Makes the truck jump when turning.   Don't wanna bust an axle since parts are hard to come by.   Ordered a new set of spider gears off Amazon. Now just to wait for the rain to let up so I can get under the truck to fix...

shiny parts  :great:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!