News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1982 Ramcharger

Started by taz_man440, October 07, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

no problem. i know that is one of the easier wiring diagrams to find.

taz_man440

I wired it all in and now to go tape things up but its together & it charges!!!  Thanks again....
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Next project is trying to figure out the wiring to the rear of the Ramcharger.  I have the plug from the front to about halfway to the rear of factory 82 wiring.. wanna say there are 5 wires...  then i have the tail light wiring hanging in the back.  I about to think it might be easier to just go to tractor supply & get a trailer wiring kit & run it to the rear of the RC.  Only thing got me puzzled is what wires go from the fuel gauge to the sensor...   

But got time for that since it will run & charge the battery.. Still have to fix the steering shaft, lengthen the shift rod & drop the radiator 3"   Its a lot closer that it was....
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

crazzywolfie

this might help sort things out.

taz_man440

Awesome.. This is specifically for 82' right??   So I will chase the fuel sending unit with a new wire & add a trailer wiring kit to the rear & should be good to go...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

crazzywolfie

well it was actually listed for a 83 but i figure it should be the same since it is only a year difference.

taz_man440

Good deal...  closer than trying to make an 87 match... seems the 87 half has more wires.. go figure...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

crazzywolfie

i don't see why a 87 would have more wires back there or under the hood than a 82 as long as they have the same options and ignition system. 

also if you are looking for a good place to ground things i have noticed behind the tail lights is a pretty good place to ground things since they are sealed off from water and moisture pretty good. 

taz_man440

So I picked up some trailer wiring from walmart.. 25' of 4 strand wire. I will run one set of wires to each side & make the fuel gauge work....  Also this evening after work I lengthened the shifter rod,  had to shorten the steering rod cause the steering column was longer in this 82 than the 87, But it runs, shifts, steers.. main items are covered..LOL 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Hey you're not supposed to be working on your truck today.  Its Valentines day. Its all about the wifey. 

:035:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

taz_man440

Drove it around the property some today... Then it died... Pretty sure I'm outta gas..  Only had 10 gallons in the tank so I'm sure the pickup tube left a lot in the tank, but I'm just kinda getting the kinks out....  Running kinda rough thinking maybe trash in the carb from all the time sitting up.... 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

taz_man440

Added 10 more gallons of fuel, still barely runs....  I can tell its a fuel issue cause the carb isn't spraying, just blowing air..   Rear in line filter @ tank is new & still clean. Pulled the filter at the fuel pump, old & separated inside.  So moved rear filter to front but didn't make a difference.  Since I'm running a quadrajet carb, I then removed the inlet paper filter..  Totally clogged with what looked like tobacco. Figured it was the front filter element. Put it back together after flushing lines & it runs like a scalded ape.... Looks like I need to find a replacement inlet filter before i run it much.    I even added a electric fuel pump in case the pump was going out.  Since it didn't help I left it unhooked.  It acts like a check valve when not in use & I have a backup fuel pump if ever needed... 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Quote from: SixGun on February 14, 2015, 07:48:30 PM
Hey you're not supposed to be working on your truck today.  Its Valentines day. Its all about the wifey. 

:035:

Richard, I picked up my girls some roses.. That bought me some truck time..lol
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project