News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Its frickin' cold today! Anybody working on their truck?

Started by SixGun, January 09, 2015, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Progress is good, I have no clue what I'm going to work on when i get home  :icon_scratch:

rjtx667

I thought you were parts hunting?

and you can always help Noah fix his rig sounds like he has more than enough parts.  :headbang:

I have to find time to research why 4H is not working for me. Hopefully its an easy fix, I don't care to rebuild a tcase
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on January 13, 2015, 08:24:25 AM
I thought you were parts hunting?

and you can always help Noah fix his rig sounds like he has more than enough parts.  :headbang:

I have to find time to research why 4H is not working for me. Hopefully its an easy fix, I don't care to rebuild a tcase

I have plenty on the Too Do list, I just don;t know where to start  :tongue3:

workgoats

This will be the last post here on the auction purchases.  I took the paper from Fort Worth police to the tax office I walked out with tags.  Total cost on the 97 Jeep was $151.  It took a while because I always get a clerk in training but biggest thing was it worked.

One of the last questions she asked the boss was, "It has a lien.  What about it?"

Apparently on a police impound the lien holder is out of luck.

ProjectM880

SixGun

My 2012 Toyota threw a check engine light a few days ago. When I came home, it was off and seemed to run fine.  I tried to get the code checked at O'Reillys but they got nothing.  Said that manufacturers are changing codes so you have to go to stealership. Code came up again this morning.  Took it in and its $117 to hook up machine and check codes.  What a ripoff.  Maybe its too much to ask to stand behind your product.  What a concept.   :angry4:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 17, 2015, 10:46:44 AM
My 2012 Toyota threw a check engine light a few days ago. When I came home, it was off and seemed to run fine.  I tried to get the code checked at O'Reillys but they got nothing.  Said that manufacturers are changing codes so you have to go to stealership. Code came up again this morning.  Took it in and its $117 to hook up machine and check codes.  What a ripoff.  Maybe its too much to ask to stand behind your product.  What a concept.   :angry4:

I know Troxell Automotive has a scanner, Have you gave Noah a call to see if it will scan a 2012 Toyota?

SixGun

Well just my car back.  They think its a coil pack for #4 cylinder but it didn't throw a code again.  Swapped coil pack to another cylinder and sent me home with no charge.  They made a note of what cylinder they swapped it to if / when it throws a code again.  He went ahead and ordered the coil pack in preparation of it. He was pretty sure that's the culprit.

Ok, me happy for now. As long as I don't get stranded somewhere. :thumbsup:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 17, 2015, 03:42:53 PM
Well just my car back.  They think its a coil pack for #4 cylinder but it didn't throw a code again.  Swapped coil pack to another cylinder and sent me home with no charge.  They made a note of what cylinder they swapped it to if / when it throws a code again.  He went ahead and ordered the coil pack in preparation of it. He was pretty sure that's the culprit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on January 17, 2015, 03:42:53 PM

No fun.... you just need it whispered at... BAD check engine light! Stay off the car!
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

crazzywolfie

lol sounds like you need to driver your truck more and maybe the Toyota might get jealous and start running better :laughing7:.

would the coil pack be covered under warranty since the car is so new? i know up here most vehicle usually have a 5 year warranty that i think would cover that since it is not a normal wear and tear part.

SixGun

I believe its a 2 year warranty. On new cars, I never get the extended since its rarely covers what breaks down and I've always read that its a ripoff.  Usually anything major will come to light fairly quick on new cars. This is my second Toyota and so far so good. My big complaint is brake squeal.  They tell me I'm too hard on the brakes.  My retort was that none of my other vehicles ever did that. Creature comforts and gas mileage though are no problem.

crazzywolfie

sounds like you guys get ripped off down there. i am pretty sure most cars up here come with a 5 year 100,000km warranty since most things should not go bad in that period of time. my aunt bought a used car from a dealer and she had a wheel bearing on it go bad on it when it was 4 years old. warranty covered it. i think they even replaced the wheel bearing on the other side for some reason

SixGun

Lots of "American" manufacturers use that gimmick. "Japanese" manufacturers generally have stricter quality controls.  I had a 1988 Honda that had nearly 300,000 miles on it and still going strong when I parted ways with it. Also the best mpg at 40 on the highway. That car had manual windows and locks. I don't think new vehicles would last years like our old Dodges.  Not with all the electronic BS on them.  Nowadays I keep them 3 years and trade them in.

rjtx667

What? my 2003 durango is still going strong at 205k miles. Had to replace a few things on it but nothing too bad (minus someone over heating it and blowing both head gaskets).

The one thing I can't figure out is why it likes to eat upper ball joint boots?  :dontknow:

They are cheap and easy to replace so I just keep doing that.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins