News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Its frickin' cold today! Anybody working on their truck?

Started by SixGun, January 09, 2015, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

oh. your DIL is one of those types of people. drive the vehicle till the wheels fall off before you fix anything lol. those type of people are becoming a lot more common. i swear it should be mandatory to take and pass at least 1 auto shop class in high school so people like that would not be as common.

SixGun

In this case, a tire (wheel) literally came off.   :violent1:

We have have annual inspections here for roadworthiness.  Hers is way overdue. All 4 tires are bald bald double-bald. Labor I can do but she's gonna have to buy her own tires.  :nono:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

lol. if we had annual inspections up here so many vehicles would be pulled off the road.

SixGun

Quote from: ProjectM880 on February 09, 2015, 07:38:39 PM
Noah and I's friend Jake ( you met him at the shop) Has a 96-98 Gmc 1500 that he replaced ball joints a few times on. the last one literally fell out at a stop sign. The hole truck just fell over when he came to a stop. He ended up having to buy a new lower A arm I think. Im pretty sure it was the lower. Ask noah I think he helped jake out on those. he might Know a trick or two.

Well I found out why they sell the whole control arm assembly.  Those are not 4 bolts holding that upper ball joint in. After cleaning off all the crud with a wire wheel, I discovered that they are 4 rivits.  What a pita that was.  I'm off to the store to pick up a large Allen wrench to remove the brake caliper. Damn Chevys! :disgust:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 10, 2015, 01:36:30 PM
Well I found out why they sell the whole control arm assembly.  Those are not 4 bolts holding that upper ball joint in. After cleaning off all the crud with a wire wheel, I discovered that they are 4 rivits.  What a pita that was.  I'm off to the store to pick up a large Allen wrench to remove the brake caliper. Damn Chevys! :disgust:

Yeah, I think Jake replaced the Ball Joints on his GMC 3-4 times. I can;t remember.

rjtx667

My 03 durango is like that, it goes through upper ball joints like candy.

Granted now that the factory rivet set ball joints are gone its easy to swap out.... but still

And yes next time I have to do a set of factory... I will be buying the control arm and all. Much easier
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I'm glad I decided to do both uppers and lowers on both sides. They were all loose and floppy. It was just a matter of time. Cutting the rivets off the other side was a piece of cake since I knew what worked by then. I really need to get a pickle fork attachment for the air hammer. That was the worst, beating on that thing with a bfh. Tomorrow should be fairly easy. Sway bar and lube. Hopefully I won't find anything else.

rjtx667

yeah I hate rivets lol

I am hoping to make some progress on the cummins today. Plan is to remove all the torque converter bolts when I get home and try to push it back to look at the flex plate.

I might start it up after that and see what it does with the transmission disconnected.

Bad thing is I still don't have a title for it yet. Slow process  :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Ryan, don't feel bad about the title, I don't have one for the 82 I'm building either... Waiting on Ron to release it..lol
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

always takes time... I have the sales agreement, but will feel better when the PO gets me the title.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i am hoping nothing on my vehicle breaks. suppose to feel like -22*F most of tomorrow and Friday. the people with weak and dying batteries will be stuck at home or needing a boost  :laughing7:

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Oh yeah, spring is in the air for a few days now.   :sunny:

crazzywolfie

i wish spring would get here a lot sooner. i am not looking forward to the cold weather. suppose to have a week of cold weather

crazzywolfie

so who wants to start my ramcharger for me tomorrow morning?