News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Its frickin' cold today! Anybody working on their truck?

Started by SixGun, January 09, 2015, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89PWRRAM

Haven't done anything with my Dodge yet. Still sitting at the storage lot. Last week had the rear drum brakes changed on the Cherokee and had to replace one wheel cylinder under warranty. I bought a Firestone lifetime rear brake package about 4 years ago when i got the XJ from dad. Iv'e done drum's myself in the past and i just think there a pain in the ass at this point in my life..lol My big score is i've been searching for conversion part's for the XJ and finally found what i been looking for. Small shop in Pearland has some parted vehicles in back. They pulled the engine out of a 99 4x4 XJ recently. I bought the already pulled 4wd shifter, AW-4 tranny, transfer case, driveshafts everthing still mounted together for $450. Noticed that year XJ was the last year of the front HP Dana 30. Offered him a $100 for that which he accepted. I've seen them at salvage yard's in the weaker low pinion version for $300 so i think i scored a good deal. They also have a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4x4. I'm grabbing the knuckles off of that to do the big brake conversion on my XJ. It will allow my XJ to have cross over steering and one inch bigger rotors and dual piston caliber's in the front. Let me know if ya need anything off that GC Ron. I think it's the same as your 99. I'm not sure what engine is in it though. 
1989 W150, 360cid, 38" Swamper SSR's,1Ton Driveline. Crossover Steering, Rear Shackle and U-Bolt Flip.

workgoats

I have a 94 4x4 ZJ and a 97 2x4 ZJ if we can get the 97 running it will go to the grand daughter and i'll get the 4x back.  It's having some fuel issues, including a couple of injectors not injecting... 

I've just about narrowed it down to a wiring issue on the injectors.  Ernest is supposed to be bringing his scan tool over this weekend to see if we can figure out why I have to pull the gas tank.

89PWRRAM

Ooops my bad Ron. That's right i had just read you got a 97. Dammm there goes my short term memory..lol
1989 W150, 360cid, 38" Swamper SSR's,1Ton Driveline. Crossover Steering, Rear Shackle and U-Bolt Flip.

workgoats

And, the fuel pump died on the 88 Cherokee this morning.  It had been making noise.  Good news:  Don't have to drop the tank to change it.  Bad news: can't change if the tank is over half full. 

Price of gas...tank is full.

crazzywolfie

i got to fix my exhaust soon on my 93. it has been getting real bad lately. got 2 good size holes and this is the worst of them

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

ya the hole has got pretty big pretty quick. only a couple months ago the hole was the side of a finger and now all my fingers would fit in the hole easily. this also explain why the exhaust rattles when at higher rpm's. i have been wanting to do the exhaust for a while but i need to measure and  figure out exactly what i need. i have had nothing but bad luck with the exhaust on this thing. the shop that the previous owner had the exhaust work done at completely messed things up big time which is what has made so much work for me. if only that had just rotated the tail pipe so that it didn't come in contact with the shock all would have been good.

crazzywolfie

it was 10*F out today and felt a lot colder with the wind. since the engine in the ramcharger cut out 3 time today and i got to work tomorrow i had to brave the cold and fix it. i lucked out that it was just a bad connection where i splice in a fusible link. i don't understand how the connection got so bad in less than 6 months but it some how did. the engine seems to be running better since.

SixGun

The wife and I took a little road trip today and ended up surprising Noah and Eric.
They were just buttoning up Eric's RC after replacing the clutch. I was able to go on a trial run through the woods on a homemade offroad course. Lotta fun! Rides like a Sherman tank.  That thing hit 3 grand at like 5 mph.  :thumbsup:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on January 30, 2015, 08:48:49 PM
The wife and I took a little road trip today and ended up surprising Noah and Eric.
They were just buttoning up Eric's RC after replacing the clutch. I was able to go on a trial run through the woods on a homemade offroad course. Lotta fun! Rides like a Sherman tank.  That thing hit 3 grand at like 5 mph.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for coming out. It is always good to see  :wave:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

I still think a wrenching BBQ get together would be a good idea.   :035:

ProjectM880

It was great to see yall!!  Thanks again for bringing me that grill !

SixGun

....and I thought we were trading grill for grill. 78 grill for RCC grill  :tongue3:

rjtx667

Why are y'all doing this on weekend without telling me?  :laughing7:

granted I have the boys and don't think they would have appreciated the drive, but it would be fun.

I wish Noah was closer. I need his lifts to replace the flex plate on the cummins, but damn thats a drive down there just for that.

Prob just end up on my back and miserable to get the job done. But once its done it should be sweet.  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

motorcyclegurl

New girl here, looks like a good place for a first post. Spoiled by CA weather here ... supposed to get up to 75 today. Good day to get back under my dash and chase wires. I've been reading posts on how to bypass the common ammeter fry the firewall connector problem. Need my beast up and running without starting a fire. Wish me luck!