News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ramcharger.net 2015 - Dodge Destruction

Started by ProjectM880, January 09, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

trailduster.dave

24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

SixGun

Just talked to Ernest. Looks like he's going in a new acquisition, a Suburban.

:13:

workgoats

I wish I could go but there is just still too much happening.  I did become the owner of a 69 bug.  They claimed it was running when they parked it in 1993 or so.  And, still paying on the 57 Powerwagon.  I hope to go and pick it up pretty soon.

Going to the State Jr. High Rodeo soon.  What do I do if she qualifies for National?  (Des Moines, Iowa)

SixGun

Quote from: workgoats on April 12, 2015, 08:16:32 AM
I wish I could go but there is just still too much happening.  I did become the owner of a 69 bug.  They claimed it was running when they parked it in 1993 or so.  And, still paying on the 57 Powerwagon.  I hope to go and pick it up pretty soon.

Going to the State Jr. High Rodeo soon.  What do I do if she qualifies for National?  (Des Moines, Iowa)

Is that Aaron's PW?  Wasn't there a long road trip in its past?
Time to relive that moment.  :steeringwheel:

Pouring rain over here. Its too bad they built over that mud pit. It probably would have been full this time around. I'm sure there will be some random mud holes on the trails.

taz_man440

Where was the mud pit???  Out front in the parking lot??  Lol
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

It used to be as you drove towards the primitive camping area. It was usually dried up except that time when it poured rain on us. Then Noah went out to play in it and we all followed.    :headbang:

workgoats

Aaron has a number of old Powerwagons.  The one you have seen is a 58 one ton.  The one I'm buying is a 57 3/4 ton.  It was the first year any of the big three made a factory 4x4 with "civilian" sheet metal.  They made about 200 of them with a factory V-8.  They made similar numbers with a 6 cyl. and the half tons had similar numbers.  I haven't seen any numbers on one tons.

Came with a closed knuckle Dana 44 in front and a full floater Dodge 8 3/4 in the back.  Divorced transfer but same as a 435/205 in gears, syncromesh and pto options.

The beds and the cabs were used for several years but the front clip was a one year only.  There are no front end parts available.  Anything dealing with the front will have to be repaired or rebuilt.

workgoats

One of the guys that does landscaping where I work has a Range Rover.  He's going to a big function at Barnhill Mountain while ya'll are playing at hidden falls.  I'll see what he has to say about that park.

He went to General Sam's with Ernest and me a while back.  The vehicle was very trail worthy, even if he did bust out a parking light.

bullboy0852

So, what is the difficulty on these trails? Ive got no winch and really no tow points at this time. Usually use the shackle hangers. Ah and no lockers.

rjtx667

several of us have been ther and rode just like that.

until last September I was running on 31" tires and factory axles. they lasted quite a few trips but I broke em good  :laughing7:

then you upgrade and go again  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Anything from dirt roads to level 5 hardcore trails. Up to level 3 no problem. Level 4 depends on your rig and your ability. I've done a couple of level 4 trails in a 2wd truck. Every trail is different. When there's rain add one or two to the pucker factor.  :laughing7:

Plenty of winches in the group if needed. Locker helps but not needed. Recovery points recommended so you don't damage anything.  One in front and one in back. If you have a receiver in back, just pick up a hook. For the front you may need to get creative.  Lots of ideas at www.OKoffroad.com to weld or bolt on. However, Harbor Freight and Northern tools can carry something you can use for a lot cheaper. Just remember to tie into the frame unless you have a heavy duty bumper. Factory bumpers are thin. I've seen guys run a HD chain across the frame rails to hook onto. A strap and clevis would be a good idea. Bring a walkie talkie if you have one.

rjtx667

What we did not say is, if you don't need help getting out of something at least once... well your just not having enough fun 
:steeringwheel:  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

You definately gain some confidance in your truck. Sometimes you will find your limitations. Getting stuck and recovering someone is all part of the fun.

bullboy0852

Im all for pushing the limits, i dont even mind breaking stuff, however i do have to drive home so like windshields and stuff id like to keep intact and id like to not roll. Lol ive got plenty of ideas for recovery points and bumpers its just time that i need to invest to do it.