News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Hidden Falls Trails: Ranked from Hardest to Easiest

Started by KeystoneSmooth, February 18, 2015, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeystoneSmooth

In order to more efficiently procrastinate at work, I decided that I could not live one more moment without a survey of Hidden Falls trails and their respective difficulty based off of recent trips, not the maps they printed 5 years ago. Scale is as follows:

"Requires a RamCharger" on the high side  :headbang:  :steeringwheel:
"Requires a Insert Joke Here" for the tweeners   :icon_salut:  :violent1:
"Requires a Furd" on the low side  :dontknow: :confused2:
1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

watch out for East.... a bit of a challenge.... 35" tires would be a minimum tire size...and a winch
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

I think you need more than 3 levels...

maybe

"Requires a FrankenDodge"
"Requires a 4WD Dodge with lift and tires" ***
"Requires a Dodge"
"Requires a Dodge in front of the Furd to help it up the hill"
"Requires a Furd"

*** 4WD can be replaced with a 2WD w/ locker and a large pair of ...   :laughing7:

I changed it from RamCharger to Dodge, as there are some that don't have RamChargers and are making the rest of us look bad.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

Fortunately all is open to interpretation. I personally have never beaten Wet and Wild, which is now Enemy #1. My personal ranking of W&W would be "Requires a Lift Kit", and maybe something other than 31's.  :nono:

"http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif"

Keystone Smooth.

ProjectPW

One of my favorites is Green Mile .... lots of uphill straight line throttle and wheel spin.... trail level is usually passable with a stock to mildly modified Dodge... usually lol  :steeringwheel:

ProjectPW

I enjoy Baby back also.. it is fun both ways and has a gnarly ledge at the top, which somehow can be surmounted with 31" tires and stock Dodges.... however in reality it really should be tackled with a Dodge w/lift and larger tires to minimize the abuse required to get up the ledge at the top

ProjectPW

The map is always helpful.... interestingly the 3 trails I just listed are all level 4... I think EAST is definately not a 4.... It could be put on the Frankendodge required list

ProjectPW

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 19, 2015, 08:23:32 AM
I think you need more than 3 levels...

maybe

"Requires a FrankenDodge"
"Requires a 4WD Dodge with lift and tires" ***
"Requires a Dodge"
"Requires a Dodge in front of the Furd to help it up the hill"
"Requires a Furd"

*** 4WD can be replaced with a 2WD w/ locker and a large pair of ...   :laughing7:

I changed it from RamCharger to Dodge, as there are some that don't have RamChargers and are making the rest of us look bad.

One day I will have a RC (that is functional) ......  :tongue3:...... when the Top Hand is done .....  it may be a long time .... I guess I will just have to keep making y'all look bad  :laughing7:

KeystoneSmooth

You seem to enjoy breaking parts. Its a sick and twisted deal with Dodge Gods if you ask me.
Keystone Smooth.

ProjectM880

I believe I was the only one that didn't take any by passes last time. Y'all need to stop making excuses

KeystoneSmooth

Keystone Smooth.

ProjectPW

Quote from: ProjectM880 on February 19, 2015, 12:54:09 PM
I believe I was the only one that didn't take any by passes last time. Y'all need to stop making excuses

No other useful comments for the thread at hand eh.....  :happy3:

KeystoneSmooth

I honestly thought some videos of actual trails might surface from this scholarly discussion.

I have seen videos of "Loose Rock", and it looks like a ton of fun, but I cannot remember ever trying it. Lift not required so its intriguing.  :violent1:
Keystone Smooth.

ProjectPW

Quote from: KeystoneSmooth on February 20, 2015, 07:53:03 AM
I honestly thought some videos of actual trails might surface from this scholarly discussion.

I have seen videos of "Loose Rock", and it looks like a ton of fun, but I cannot remember ever trying it. Lift not required so its intriguing.  :violent1:

We have never tried loose rock as it is rated at a level 5 and the first ledge would probably require frankendodge status ..... Honestly it has always looked fairly impassable to me  :steeringwheel: