News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

87 R/C project

Started by bullboy0852, March 24, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullboy0852

Ill get some pics up once i get home, workin on a towboat atm. I started reconstruction on my 87 about a year ago, small budget so slow progress but its come a long ways from dying on the side of the road and carrying oil and water around. So far, and not in any particular order, ive replaced- water pump, fuel pump, timing cover gasket, intake manifold, carburetor, tires, all u joints, fluids, radiator, radio, dimmer switch, headers, and exhaust. Think i got it all. Still a long way to go, about to swap the steering shaft to the borgeson when i get home and swap to a single piece speedo cable.

taz_man440

Nice... Glad to see another one rescued.... What area you in??
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Welcome to the site.  :wave:

All three of mine were rescues too.  Some of them need more rescuing than others.  :laughing7:

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

bullboy0852

Im up around Livingston area, near ace

ProjectPW

Good lookin' RC... take care of it  :13:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

bullboy0852

It looks good from far away lol bought it with rattle can paint job so its got some rust.

bullboy0852

I need some tips, even before i put the 35s on it it just has no balls. Edelbrock performer intake, performer carb, headers, maybe just gears but im hitting 3500 rpms at 75mph

SixGun

Mine has 3.55's and hits about the same rpms at 75.  I have a tach and keep it at 3 grand or less.   Otherwise, it starts eating a lot of gas and gradually warm up a bit. Speed ends up about 65 -70.

bullboy0852

I have a tach too, i push mine to 5k sometimes. I put a 3 core radiator from a 360 on it and mine doesn't warm up anymore, mostly the larger tranny cooling capacity helped with that.

bullboy0852

And as for gas, ill just keep feedin it. :)

bullboy0852

But uphill is pitiful, takeoff is pitiful. Jumps out of its shoes in low but in high its just not what i expected.

rjtx667

you need a cam... that or a 408  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

bullboy0852

I was afraid someone would say that, ive never installed or adjusted a cam have you?

bullboy0852

Also, keep seeing pics of these deep cupholders, definitely want to do that!

SixGun

Quote from: bullboy0852 on March 27, 2015, 07:29:27 AM
Also, keep seeing pics of these deep cupholders, definitely want to do that!

A screwdriver and a butter knife carefully popped them out. Lot cheaper than buying another console.