News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Rim fitment

Started by brent_norris27, April 04, 2015, 02:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brent_norris27

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on a wheel set I'd like to run on my truck.  I've found some Dick Cepek DC2 rims with a -12mm offset 4.5 back spacing.  I have 33x12.5 r17 tires that have me searching high and low for deals on rims so that I can run them.  Will these fit without lifting the truck? Will they work should I decide on a small lift (3-5"). Thanks for any advice, I'm new to the truck customization world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixGun

Welcome to the site.  :hello:

On my 91 Ram, I run some 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspace.  The tires are 33/12.5/15's and rub when wheeling on the back of the front fender wells. I run a 2" suspension lift and 3" body lift. Normal driving unaffected.  The same tires on my 85 RC would appear to interfere with the front of the fender.

With your 4.5 backspace and 17" rims I would expect some clearance issues in the front.

What vehicle are you talking about? A 4x may be able to clear it a bit better. If you do a lift, I would suspect a 4" would be enough.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

brent_norris27

Thanks, it's a 4x base model RamCharger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taz_man440

If I'm not mistaken, stock ramcharger came equipped with roughly a 31' tire. I have cleared 33's stock height & 35's with a 3" body lift.. My current ramcharger I'm guessing is a 4" spring lift with 3" body & I clear wore out 36" tires...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project