News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Early Dodge Hemi wanted

Started by Aaron S, October 02, 2015, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron S

Hey guys, I'm just asking around for a friend, but if you happen to run across anything please let me know. He has a custom car that was built in the 50's, and needs an early Dodge or DeSoto Hemi engine for it. A Chrysler is too big to fit. Displacement doesn't really matter that much in this case. A Dodge (short deck 241/272 or tall deck 315/325) would be ideal. A DeSoto will fit, but they're harder to get parts for. It doesn't have to be a runner, but it needs to be a complete core engine with good bones. Y'know? This fellow is serious and will pay for the right engine.

ProjectPW

I have 2 330 desoto motors. One 4 barrel one 2 barrel. They both have all the accessories and I think I have the transmission adapter plates and one bellhousing.   One has been disassembled and has cracked heads. One is still complete but is locked up. I might entertain the idea of letting them go to a good home...
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

Aaron S

Thanks man, I'll pass the info on and let you know what I hear back from him. That sounds like it might work.

On a side note, I got to test drive my 58 with the fresh 354 hemi in it yesterday, its loud and rowdy! Hopefully will have it all buttoned up this week. Hemis make everything better...

Aaron S

Hey Noah, he's interested in those engines... assuming there's enough parts to build one good one out of the two. Definitely wants the four barrel intake, but doesn't need any of the transmission plate/bellhousing stuff. What kind of price would you need to get? And do you have any more details on condition, etc.?

In case you're wondering, here is the story of the car the engine would be going into.

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=1952_Spohn_Palos

ProjectPW

The only unknown is the condition of the engine that is not apart. The heads can be repaired but would require being sent somewhere for cast iron welding. The engine I took apart was also locked up but the crank was in fine shape... The block would more than likely clean up with a bore.... Might need sleeves but the bore is stock so there is plenty of meat left . I will send you my number in a PM ... Give me a call
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!