News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Project Death Trailer - Lance's trailer

Started by ProjectM880, October 08, 2015, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Some of  you might recognize this trailer. Its Sam's old trailer from RCC. Noah and I bought it 5 to years ago. It needed work and after Noah got a few tickets with it on a short trip up the road we parked it in the brush and for got about it. Well Lance has been in need of a trailer for some time. Noah and I said we would give it to him if he wanted to invest in fixing it with new parts. Well needless to say Noah and I got conned into installing the new parts and all the fabrication that goes with it. So here is our progress so far.

ProjectM880

New hitch

ProjectM880

New hitch

ProjectM880

Drive over fenders

ProjectM880

Drive over fenders

SixGun

Alright, trailer reconstructions too. Now you tell me.
I'm sure I can find something at Pick-n-pull or laying on the side of the road.   :laughing7:

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on October 08, 2015, 06:09:26 PM
Alright, trailer reconstructions too. Now you tell me.
I'm sure I can find something at Pick-n-pull or laying on the side of the road.   :laughing7:

Unless it is field fresh we will have nothing to do with it :tard:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Does field fresh mean cow turds all over it?  :lol_hitting:

Looks awesome guys!!

KeystoneSmooth

Death Trailer is coming along nicely. In fact, a nice coat of International Red Machine Implement Paint dries as I post this. Boards for RamCharger hauling and wiring may be finished by the close of the weekend.
1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

KeystoneSmooth

Boards have all now been powerwashed and "resurfaced". I purchased the Behr wood refinishing product and to be honest, it worked pretty dang well. Granted, it is expensive and does not really spread that far, but from what I can tell the exterior is hard as a rock and the pulp and resin filled all of the cracks and gaps perfectly. To do the 8 boards, it took nearly 4 gallons, but I would use it again.
Keystone Smooth.

KeystoneSmooth

Update:

Trailer is nearly complete. After a weekend's worth of wiring, board running, re-wiring, cursing the Trailer Gods, thanking the Trailer Gods, and a test load. I am happy to say this project is nearing completion. Inspection with Sheriff happens tomorrow.

Keystone Smooth.

taz_man440

just curious, why an inspection??  Can't ya just get a homemade trailer tag?? 

granted, I have my trailer registered as homemade & farm tag. Cost is 6.30 per year for the tag...   I did have to get an Ag registration # to get farm tags...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

KeystoneSmooth

The inspection from the Law was to ensure that no markings were present and that there were no similarly described stolen trailers in the system. It passed that process yesterday, but unfortunately the Officer put "Shopmade" instead of "Homemade". One requires a Bill of Sale. So he is changing that today and then off to get a VIN and then tags!

Nearly finished product. :)
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!