News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Project Keystone: Declassified

Started by KeystoneSmooth, October 14, 2015, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeystoneSmooth

I can only confirm that it is technically lighter than it started yesterday. :)
1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

Did you use some of that "Glass-B-Gone"? :violent1:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

KeystoneSmooth

Glass Be Gone does not work as well as Va-poo-rise. Where does the poo go? One of the few movies I have actually seen. 10 points to the first to name that movie.

However, Keystone had Christmas come early; the remaining fuel cell parts are in, straps came in, and driveshafts are on the way. Oh boy.   
Keystone Smooth.

KeystoneSmooth

Can we say Fuel Cell?  :dontknow:
Indeed a dirty job, and lacking a little work  but much better than the woefully exposed stock setup.  :035:

:sleepy:
Keystone Smooth.

rjtx667

very nice looking!!

I may someday have to go to something like that, but I will keep my stock setup for now.

if I bottom out on my tank now... I have bigger issues to worry about  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

Plumbing all tucked away, and spare tire mounted inside via the passenger seat hooks.  :icon_salut: No picture yet, but it was a pretty slick location.

Keystone has a particularly unique set of front seats that actually work with the RC setup. They are VW seats that have done very well in the elements, but they needed a few spot welds to make sturdy them up. Done and Done.  :headbang: Down right cushy.  :nono:

Keystone Smooth.

ProjectM880

More Shenanigans

rjtx667

and they have a well light shop with a lift... I have a dark wet back yard!!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

Certainly Shenanigans. However, custom drive shafts are installed and fit perfectly.  :great:

Calipers cleaned but will probably need a new set.  :violent1:

Rear shock mount tabs welded on thanks to a certain fan of Tan DeathChargers.  :headbang:

I almost forgot, upon test run the 36'' tires on the 4'' lift still rubbed the front fenders just a bit, and thus....the last decision of the night was to well home. The second to last decision was to do a bit of custom trimming. Lines follow natural curves and I have a feeling this well polished turd is going to shine. See Mythbusters....a turd can indeed be polished. Proven.  :o

Hello Hidden Falls....be afraid. Be very afraid.  :fucyc:

Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

KeystoneSmooth

Update on Keystone:

Hidden Falls decided to dump rain on us nearly the whole weekend, and thus in prudent fashion, we stayed away from stupid obstacles, but true to form, rain digs new holes and even the by-passes were good challenges. Went all over on the new lift, old hummer tires; whether dry or wet. In fact I was rather impressed by how well they did when it got slippery.

Just this past Friday, however, we (I held the flashlight, when needed) knocked out an issue that had been present, yet livable since the initial purchase; the Throttle Cable. This...cable....needed a solid 20 lbs of pressure to move, and even if you got it moving, fine tuned movements and adjustments, which one would think would be needed in travelling such terrain, were not possible. It was either on :happy3:, slightly on :sleepy:, hung open  :nono:, or off  :hmh:. After Friday though....can we say "Butta"? I will need to start doing big-toe exercises, as that is all that is needed now. The ole 360 also seems to truly like the more delicate input as well.

Last update. Dodge Lean seems to be in full effect. For some reason, Keystone had battled this affliction even after the lift, and certainly sat nice stock. Unfortunately, the little Marble Falls shakedown may have settled the front springs into the aforementioned stance.  :read2:

Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

rjtx667

He just wanted to keep up with his cousins lol.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

There are two ways to lift a Dodge. One...picture below....take stock RC and floor it....or add metal and bigger parts.
Keystone Smooth.

KeystoneSmooth

Keystone Smooth.