News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Water pump 2012 Dodge Durango

Started by taz_man440, November 21, 2015, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

Has anyone had the pleasure of having to change a water pump on a Newer model Hemi??  This one got sick & died this morning 2 miles from the house @ 2 am after driving 2 hours to a playoff football game.   Looks easy enough but @ a little over $200 just for the pump, can't afford any unforseen problems..
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Got home from work & dove in feet first... had the lil critter off in maybe 45 minutes after finding all the different metric / standard sizes...  The hardest part is actually tracking a new one down...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Anything special on it to justify 2 bills?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

taz_man440

Plastic impeller, not even good enough to have a core charge....    What ticks me off it the vehicle has less that 64,000 miles on it...  I did find a new one for $144.00   Lifetime warranty...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

my 03 Durango with the 4.7 went out about 80k miles. since I planned on keeping it I paid extra to get another oem. it failed within 30k miles. went with after marking and still going strong almost 100k miles later.

go fig

glad you got yours going
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Hopefully will get the pump today after work....  Should go back together easy....
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Got the new pump & got it installed tonight.  Sure takes a while to get the air out of the system....  On a positive note, Oreilly's pump actually has a metal impeller compared to the bad pumps plastic one...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

While we were at a playoff game the grand daughter's Grand Cherokee developed a antifreeze leak at a rear freeze plug.  I just loaned out the transmission jack to Nick.  I guess it might really be his, can't remember...

taz_man440

2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Turned out to be an expansion plug (rubber), installed in the last hole on the driver side, water ran down the pan and looked like it was coming from the rear.  We will probably put another rubber plug in it and hope it lasts until we do an overhaul next summer.

Only was to put a real plug in it is to pull both manifolds.

taz_man440

I had 4 of those rubber expansion plugs in the silver dodge truck I wheeled @ General Sams years ago...  Had a hard freeze while I was working on it & I even drained the radiator, but the block just pushed out the freeze plugs as they were designed to do...  I wasn't about to pull the engine so those worked great for me...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project