News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Spring Outing

Started by rjtx667, January 20, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

Spring Outing... we need a time and place.

Any suggestions?

I will say I still need time to address the issues on my rig, so would prefer nothing till late march maybe april sometime?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

bullboy0852

I still gotta drop an engine in mine and replace my seals and bearings all around

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

rjtx667

you may be in worse shape than me.

I have to fix wire harnesses and a computer and drop in a new transmission and t case.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Sounds like Noah with The Top Hand and Lance with Keystone are the only ones ready to rock and roll!!

I've got a blown up front driveshaft  :violent1:

KeystoneSmooth

Wrenching party?

Cline Ranch has always been on my radar, but for Dallas people, that would be tough. Its located near lake Medina I believe. I have heard good things about it, but it appears as though they work only through appointment, and you have to have at least 6 rigs, or be prepared to pay $200 as a group, minimum. They also do not have the facilities that Hidden Falls continues to build with our $. From what I have seen on youtube....Cline Ranch may be a little out of our league at the moment.  :dontknow:

With concern to date....I think if we go in any month near April or November...we are going to be wet, and by we, I mean me. Someone left Keystone's windows down again.  :017:

Lastly, I hate to say it, but I would venture to say that HF has yet to be conquered in its entirety. Wet N Wild, Loose Rock, Slither'n and a few others mock me, and haunt my dreams, personally. Is that weird? If so, I know whom to blame.

1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

bullboy0852

I'm down for anywhere, should be up and running before we go

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

rjtx667

Now that I have a more proper towing setup I don't mind distance, but it needs to be worth the time.

I might also say, that maybe we should stick closer to home until we have less break downs?

Ernest is putting $$ into mistress again, tranny, front and rear ends.

but its not all pretty
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

I will certainly cast my particular vote for Hidden Falls. There is still plenty to explore and it seems to get more difficult each time, despite numerous Dodge "natural enhancement" modifications.  :017:

When do the people with kids have Spring Breaks?  :sunny: Is that late enough in March?  Or are those weekends out because other trips are already planned?   :victory:  :steeringwheel:
Keystone Smooth.

workgoats

I've been to Cline Ranch.  There were lots of places that any of our vehicles could go.  Aaron has been there too cause I got to help him up a place or two.  Danger Dave set a 440 RC on fire there and had it rebuilt by the time we came back down at the end of the day.

Still, Hidden Falls has a lot to offer with facilities.  I know I haven't been around much lately and at this point I cannot tell how busy I will be in the spring.  We have been out of work for so long the job we are starting now is very high priority.  And, it will last for over a year, bringing a bunch of work to my part of the company.

I'd like to work on the old red Jeep and I'd like to do some more to the purple daily driver but if I can break loose, I'll find something to take.

KeystoneSmooth

I have a wedding I can't get out of on the April 15th. So please not the weekend of April 15-17.
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

April 17th, I've got a birthday I can't change.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

That looks good to me presently. Seems to be far enough out to get everything done.
Keystone Smooth.

KeystoneSmooth

Or the weekend after? May 6-8?
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

Quote from: KeystoneSmooth on January 28, 2016, 12:24:24 PM
Or the weekend after? May 6-8?

People will still be hung over from Cinco de Mayo  :sleepy: