News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Poptop Rear Glass Gaskets

Started by ProjectM880, January 09, 2015, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Does anyone know of a source for new weatherstripping/gaskets for the poptop glass? I still have the original but it was cut on while removed. Im tempted to just liquid gasket the old ones back in since its a trail rig.

But if someone knows of a good source or a different buld gasket that will work let me know.

Any Suggestions?

ProjectM880

Nice Find Noah, Damn they are Expensive..... Maybe I will just Break out the liquid gasket since its a trail rig

SixGun

Well, lemme ask you this.  Is it that hard to remove the windows without damaging the gaskets?  Reason I ask is because I have another top.  The rusty one still has glass and gaskets. You are welcome to them when I put the other top on. The price is right- free!   :wave:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 14, 2015, 02:44:37 PM
Well, lemme ask you this.  Is it that hard to remove the windows without damaging the gaskets?  Reason I ask is because I have another top.  The rusty one still has glass and gaskets. You are welcome to them when I put the other top on. The price is right- free!   :wave:

Wow, Thanks Richard! Im not sure how hard they are. i know Noah had trouble because of the rust on my top But I will run it by him. Are you going to ditch the rusty top?

ProjectPW

they can be removed... with the right technique.... I am not sure what that is, but it can be done... maybe softening the rubber up with vaseline would help...
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

I will do some research to see what can be done.  :great:

SixGun

I may cut a little half top for the fun of it.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 14, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
I may cut a little half top for the fun of it.

Cool, If you don;t decide to use it let me know, I will take it off your hands  :thumbsup: