News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

LMC high intensity or LED headlights

Started by SixGun, February 21, 2016, 04:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Are any of you guys using LMC high intensity or the LED headlights and/or their HD headlight harnesses that draw from the battery and use relays? I would really like to hear some pros and cons.

Here's the page from their catalog:

linky
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i think i have read that led headlight are nice but definitely not worth the price they are asking for them. when buying headlights don't buy the cheapest normal ones that the store sell. i an currently running sylvania xtravision h6054 and pretty happy with them. just have to make sure they are aimed properly

as far as the relay harness goes i like them. they take all the load off the stock wiring and switches which are 20+ years old and getting weak. both my vehicles have the headlights on relays. i personally like making my own relay harness. then i can wire it to keep the low beams on while the high beams are on.

SixGun

What is the difference between the Sylvanias xtravision and regular headlights.  What should someone look for? 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i think the color of the light that is put out is different. the Sylvanias xtravision lights look like put out a whiter light which makes things seem a bit brighter compared to the standard sealed beam lights. i think i have some standard spare bulbs kicking around. i could try comparing them one night. i have been meaning to re-aim my headlights anyway so it would be a good time to try out a different bulb.
Quote from: SixGun on February 21, 2016, 08:33:11 PM
Yeah I did a search on RCC and came up with a guy using those.  They have very good reviews for the most part.  Very pricey though.  There seems to be some in between that use the bulbs instead of the sealed beams.  Low beams on these old boogers are terrible but high beams are ok. Did you see the harness that LMC sells fairly cheap with the relays to run them straight to the battery.  Clean setup as opposed to making one. I guess this bypasses the fusible links if I understand it correctly.
i have seen the led bulb setups but at $100 for the lights plus the cost of some decent housing you are still looking at about $200. it would be questionable if the light output would be $200 worth better than stock.

the relay harness is just better so that the shorter the distance that the power has to travel the more is making it to the light. it can make the lights a bit brighter in some cases.