News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Random pictures

Started by crazzywolfie, September 17, 2012, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The War Wagon

Awww man - the bad guy on this "In the Heat of the Night" episode ("Sparta Gold," from 1991) is a crooked captain in the Sheriff's Dept., who's growing/dealing marijuana & drives a black Ramcharger.   :sign0137:

Late '80's model, I'm guessing.  And Bubba is naturally driving a new Bronco.   ::)
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

The War Wagon

Bubba in his new (then) '91 Bronco.  ::)

The fictional town of Sparta, MS (setting of the show), was actually filmed in Covington, GA.  Couple of professors & classmates of mine had occasional guest appearances in it, but not in this particular episode.

That said, propmasters almost always round up local vehicles for appearances in tv shows and movies - especially when they're late model vehicles.  Some more shots of the RC.

Sheet metal looks clean, but upon FURTHER review, that HI-kwality (with a capital "K!:tard: ) DEE-troit '80's paint is already looking like crap-o-la.

If I weren't a tenth generation Tarheel - still LIVING in NC & working around the southeast at the time - I'd find it hard to believe that paint on a southern automobile was going that bad already... except... I saw it ALL the time, back in the day.  :-\

pir2

I actually used to watch that show
I think the paint problem is sun burn

SixGun

If I was to venture a guess, I would say it was from automatic car washes.  The old style drive thru car washes had those spinning flapping wheels that wore out the paint.  My father-in-law used to go to those all the time and the paint started coming off the roof of his minivan.  He was able to get it repainted under warranty. This back in the mid 80's.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

I saw the paint go bad on all the Big 3, and their little cousins, throughout the south.  Auto paint just went through a suckariffic phase in the '80's, unmatched before or since.   :-\

The War Wagon

The War Wagon

OH NOES!!!  They blow'd up a Ramcharger on "In the Heat of the Night" tonight!!!

From "By Means Most Foul," an early '92 episode - looks like a mid-'70's model.

WE CAN REBUILD!!! 

SixGun

What assholes! :violent-smiley-007:

That even looks like my Ramcharger too. Double  :098:

The War Wagon

Urban wheeling season is upon us!  :tongue3:

:o

The War Wagon

Went out to put away the lawn mower after it cooled off, and saw thunderheads off to the south.  Couldn't retrieve the camera fast enough to get the BEST pictures, but here's a few I took of the storm clouds BEHIND the Ramcharger.  Being a '92, I didn't think REO Speedwagon was TOO out-of-date for a theme...  8)

LOVE the reflection of the clouds off the back glass.  8)

Got OUR storms LAST night, about 1am.  These went severe, but to the east/southeast of my location.

Mammatus clouds - VERY rare here in the east, and even moreso THIS early in the spring for us.  I can see why these storms went severe!

More pronounced earlier, but I didn't have my camera.
I DO have my storm-chasing setup now, though!  :headbang:

OR I'll document myself driving off a ridgeline - one of the two...  :tongue3:

The War Wagon

SixGun

Quote from: The War Wagon on June 03, 2014, 09:22:19 PM

I kinda picture this as the Duke's farm with they having been triplets.

The War Wagon

Nuttin' says "GANGSTA," like holding an AK, while riding on the hood of... WHATEVER that is!

crazzywolfie

workgoats

Here's a pic of the water garden we have built where I work.  It has 33,000 gallons of water and we are moving 750 gallons per minute through 6 waterfalls.

about 100 perch
about 10 catfish from little to 2 pounds
about 10 Koi (not very big yet)