News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1974 Dodge D200

Started by Trevor6, July 26, 2016, 06:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor6

I am starting a new project, I have an all original (Down to the tires) 1974 Dodge D200 step side 3 speed manual transmission. I need a tire size for these, looking to put new rims on it (a little wider wheele).
I am also looking to possibly lower the front end a little bit. I figure I would hit up people on this board to see what ideas people have for this truck. Thanks for any advice.

-Trevor

SixGun

How about some pics and what size motor do you have?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Trevor6

I am heading to the garage tomorrow will get some pics.

Trevor6

The engine is a 318 and here are some photos.

SixGun

Nice truck. Are you into the classic look? I kinda like the hubcaps and spare mount.  Only thing missing is an old school camper top.

Trevor6

Thanks, I do like the old school look. Do you have a good source for parts? I have always worked on my dads mustang, and there are a million places to get parts for that, but I am struggling to find a good place to get parts for the truck.

-Trevor

ProjectPW

Quote from: Trevor6 on July 28, 2016, 05:43:05 AM
Thanks, I do like the old school look. Do you have a good source for parts? I have always worked on my dads mustang, and there are a million places to get parts for that, but I am struggling to find a good place to get parts for the truck.

-Trevor

It really just depends on what you need. Restoration type parts can be found @ LMC trucks or Ebay. Wear and tear stuff and general maintenance items will be readily available at your local auto parts store or rockauto. welcome to the site . That is a nice truck
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

x2 on RockAuto. With a little planning, you can keep the shipping down by ordering from the same warehouse. With a little search you can find a 5% discount which can cut some of that shipping cost.

There's alot of parts houses that carry stuff for our trucks but you have to do a little creative searching on the internet. If you get get in a jam let us know, we might have a source for you. Sometimes you just have to do a little homework to find what you're looking for.nd

Do a Google search for 74 Dodge truck pics and that will give you some ideas.