News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

have you really given the thing a real good drive lately? if you are not driving it plugs will get fouled up during those short runs where it don't get up to operating temp. i also run premium gas. that seems to keep things fairly clean.

workgoats

If I remember right, Nick and I heated the plastic line with a butane torch and slipped it on but I think a better device would be one of the plastic welding devices that blow hot air.  We were never able to get it to work using hot water.

SixGun

Well I went to the JY yesterday and picked up a few things.  I found a lil gem that I wanted to share.  I have a console for the RC already but it's in rough shape.  I have found quite a few before but usually in bad shape or odd colors like red or blue.  This time it was a neutral color and complete.  It also has a couple of drink holders mounted - one in front and one in back.  Pretty neat idea I think.  The console already has the deep cupholders which is a plus.

This truck also had a PowerTrax sticker on the back glass.  So I decide to check out the 9 1/4 rear but the yoke was already pulled and the axle wouldn't turn.  Oh well...

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

looks like a pretty nice console but the cup holders bolted to the front and back look a bit out of place.

SixGun

The 2 extra front cupholders are overkill but the rear set is great for rear passengers. They are held on by 2 screws so the extra front one could easily be removed.  Or you could look at it as holding a 6 pack with a spare 6 pack cooling in the console - yeah.  :)

The main reason I went to the JY was for a front gas tank support bracket.  I also was looking for ideas to protect the nose piece of the gas tank.  I found a heat shield for an RC gas tank located on the passenger side that bolts to the frame.  Nearly a perfect fit that forms an L around the front of the gas tank on mine and even protects the exposed side by the driveshaft.  The extra L shaped bracket bolts to the frame and will support the heat shield directly in front of the tank.  The side of the heat shield will tie in with the original tank strap bolt that goes through the original L bracket.  All I had to do was bend it a little and make a small notch for a mounting tab.  Here's some pics:

SixGun

Ha ha .... just realised that I posted the console in the D150 build instead of the RC build.  Oh well...  :)

crazzywolfie

lol. maybe you could mount one of those cup holder in your truck. i know some days i could use one.

SixGun

Tell me about it, especially in the Texas heat , you need a cold drink when you have no AC.

rjtx667

Its your own fault for not having A/C I gave you a working compressor  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Hey one problem at a time.  I've got this overly rich condition to deal with and any extra money going towards the RC.  In due time. 

crazzywolfie

a/c is for sissies or women and children which is why i lent my RC to my sister. lol. i don't mind driving my truck with the windows open.

SixGun

Ha ha... what do you consider hot over there ... uhh 85*??  That's a cold front here.  Triple digits baby - now that's some heat.  :)

crazzywolfie

i think it was in the triple digits here on Tuesday and Wednesday. was hot but i could live with it as long as i am driving my truck or my ramcharger. you need the sliding rear window or vent to let the air flow. i know i was driving my dads ford on tuesday and it was pretty hot without the sliding rear window to let the air flow but it did get 20.2mpg.

rjtx667

I understand limited funds, its never any fun.

and you can call me what you want, but my trail rig has A/C was the first thing I fixed on it lol. Granted all it took was a new seal kit and freon. Now getting the seals tight enough so it did not leak... that was a pita. I was very happy I could borrow my friends nitrogen to charge the system and check for leaks with that, otherwise it would have been too costly to leak check with freon lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Well I drained the oil today and smelled real strong of gasoline.  I hope this is the culprit I'm looking for.  My plugs and O2 have been fouling out and a steady rev sounds real rough.  Idle and WOT seems okay though.  May have to get another O2 sensor.  I asked on RCC but never got an answer but can starting fluid ruin an O2 sensor?  The one I have on right is a few months old so I'd hate to buy another.  May just pick one up from JY to test with.

There is water leaking from a couple of locations and seems to be getting worse.  Behind the block and out the converter cover plate and there seems to be a leak where the water pump housing meets the block.  Weird also is some wetness on the power steering v-belt itself.  The only place I can think of to leak on the v-belt would be the water pump relief hole under the pump itself but I'm not sure.  I wonder if the coolant could have gotten some fuel in it as well.  Thinking of changing that also to do some new gaskets on the water pump housing and possibly a new pump.  So tempting to pull the motor and change out all the gasket since I'm changing all the fluids anyway.  Just such a hassle so I don't know.  This 100*+ weather is helping either.  Some mean heat.  Just sux not having a garage to work in.