News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

That's one awesome truck.  It's a shame that the aftermarket didn't make front end kits to convert 2WD trucks.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Well my inspection has lapsed and I had 2 issues to fix.  First was my reverse light.  I guess when I smacked the truck pretty hard at Ram Jam I must have busted it.  The bulb was completely broken off from the socket part and the filament was still good.  Simple fix.

Then I had to deal with the horns.  Both horns  had gotten water and mud in them.  Don't know how that happened - yeah right.   :laughing7:  I took them off and shot high pressure water in them and blew the water out with compressed air and nothing changed.  No sound.  After some searches on the web, I thought I would try banging on them with a hammer.  The first worked real easy but the other took a couple doses of precision hammering.   :lol_hitting:  Horns work again.  Nothing came falling out so I don't know how it fixed it.  Important lesson here is that a hammer is a serious repair tool.  Good thing cause I was about to cut it open and see what it looked like inside.  Then I would have had to use the duct tape to repair that. 

So anyways, tomorrow it is off to the inspection station.   :sunny:

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on November 15, 2013, 05:35:28 PM
Important lesson here is that a hammer is a serious repair tool.

ONLY on DEE-troit iron.  Hit a 'yota with a hammer, and you'll have an aluminum jigsaw puzzle on your hands!   :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

lmao. that is funny. you could try tuning the horns. there is a tiny bolt on the back that adjust them.

SixGun

Got a call from my daughter today that she got her boyfriend's car stuck in the mud.  Went out there and winched her out.  It rained all night and day.  I don't know how she got it so far out.  It couldn't get traction in the grass or 3 feet from the curb.  Had to back up and pull her over the curb.  No where to hook her up under the front end without damage so I hooked up her rim.  :lol_hitting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHLNcB8grLA

crazzywolfie

those new cars usually have spots in the frame to hook into but they are usually hard to spot with how low the cars are. your daughter is lucky to have her own personal tow truck to pull her out of the mud.

SixGun

A little adventure in a otherwise dull day.   :laughing7:

crazzywolfie

i am still a bit confused on how she got stuck. for some reason it don't look like she should have parked where she was. i know if it is wet out and i am not 100% sure i can get out i wont park there.

SixGun

She was on her lunch break and hurried to get back to work.  She was late but made it.  Later tonight she called to thank me again and we had some time to talk.  Apparently, there was a security guard at the entrance to keep non-employees from parking there.  Well, she is an employee but not at that location.  There was a big company meeting at this place and the guest parking was all full.  She tried to turn around by backing into the mud.  The more it spun, the more it slipped back down the hill.  Lucky she didn't hit the tree.

crazzywolfie

ah. makes a lot more sense now :13:. ya. it is a good thing that she didn't touch a tree. them new cars damage so easily. i know i am glad my truck is old and has steel bumpers. it took me a while but i eventually put a dent in my one bumper but the light post also got a good crack put in it at the same time. 

SixGun

Picked up a Flowmaster 40 at the JY a few weeks back. I ordered a FM high flow Cat from Jegs.  I went ahead and put them on today.  That sucker is loud but ooooh it sounds good. :headbang:  single in dual out 2.5" pipe.

crazzywolfie

sweet. should have tried out the muffler before replacing the cat. the cat might have been worn out enough to sound as loud and good as the high flow cat. i know my muffler has started leaking lately and it is pretty loud and not too bad sounding and it looks like i might have a stock cat. i have no plans of replacing my cat unless i have to which should be never.

The War Wagon

For a single muffler, I'm impressed with the Flowmaster Super 44 I put on my Jeep Commander.  287 Magnum, but it has a nice growl now.

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/The_War_Wagon/media/Scouting/Muffler2.mp4.html

SixGun

The reason I replaced the cat was to keep the 2.5" pipes from front to back.  It was only $60 @  Jegs surprisingly. I didn't even know that FM made cats.I swear that thing is see through.

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on March 26, 2014, 10:04:41 AM
The reason I replaced the cat was to keep the 2.5" pipes from front to back.  It was only $60 @  Jegs surprisingly. I didn't even know that FM made cats.I swear that thing is see through.

Because we have mandatory exhaust testing here in Pittsburgh, and because the exhaust work was being done AT a state approved testing station (local Monro Muffler), I had to put cats on it.  And since I was going true duals, I had to go with TWO cats.  ::)   Same here though - JEGS hi-flow/hi-po cats.

DARNDEST thing is, ANY vehicle with less than 5,000 miles a year on it, is emission exempt!  This thing had ONE mile on it in 6 years, before Monro got it, but it still NEEDED cats, to visually pass an inspection, that it was immediately EXEMPT from!  :confused2:

Moreover, since it's my off-road toy, I doubt it'll EVER see 2,000 miles a year, the rest of it's life!

I LOVE bureacracy...   :violent1: