News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Our mountain laurels are in full bloom.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

When I rebuilt Carter's front end I used the sway bar from the Ram.  Well I saw another sway bar at the JY recently and couldn't resist.  Before I mounted it this time, i built a spacer to offset the body lift. Its a 3" body lift and a 2" spacer.  With a 3" spacer it was a tad bit close to the stabilizer bar for my liking. I also had some extra end link bushings and washers laying around. The square tubing was scrap 3/8" wall. It was a bitch to drill and cut out the elongated hole to go over the frame rivits like the factory bracket but the end result was worth it.

SixGun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVq3kN-8SD0

EDIT: I thought I had it fixed before I posted. When I look at this video on my home computer using chrome it has all the Script and titling. When I look at it on my phone, none of it shows up. Weird, when you edit on YouTube, it should be shown all the time, I thought.

In case, you have the unimproved version so to speak, here is what happened. Yolanda was the video master so she gets all the blame lol. The plastic cover to protect against the elements shuts out most of the sound. Apparently, you can mount it without we've learned. Any way it wasn't tight and the bumpy road caused it to turn on us unwittingly. Modern apes in their natural habitat. I pointed out a mountain that looked like a man laying against it with a hard on. Yolanda almost chokes on her fruit.  You can clearly see it a little later after she turns the camera around. To the right is erection mountain. As it goes in and out of frame it is hard not to notice it. Suddenly, Yolanda notices the tailgate down and we stop. We lost bottled water and later we noticed that we were missing 2 D-rings. When we back tracked, we found the 2 D-rings but not one of the pins. One thing you can see is the beautiful scenery.

SixGun

I needed to pick up some 10ft decking so....

Redneck bed extension    :wtf:

rjtx667

hey it works... I picked up some 16' quarter round, opened the rear window and slid it through to rest on the dash... still hung over the tailgate a bit  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I just used some stuff laying around. I was still mocking it up and had a few chuckles to share.   :laughing7:

ProjectPW

you should make it transform into a rear spoiler/wing when the tailgate is closed  :headbang:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Hey now, I do have an extra bird bath hood I could make a tonneau cover out of.  :lol_hitting:

SixGun

It worked.  :thumbsup:

SixGun

By the 3rd load, I decided to seriously trim the trees so the truck could squeeze between them. That way I could back all the way up to the gate. Walking them from the driveway in the hot sun got old fast.  Yolanda came outside and said, "Babe, what happened to my beautiful trees??" I hid the saw behind my back and answered, "Umm... I think the last storm broke them."  :dontknow:

SixGun

Coming along pretty good. Just need to add some railing, gates and one step in the taller side.

SixGun

Someone stole my idea  :tongue3:

This Jeep looked like it was salvaged from Iwo Jima with all that rust.

SixGun

So I took crazzywolfie's idea and put a diesel motor mount in. It is significantly larger. Hopefully it is tougher. I believe I busted this one at Hidden Falls when i slammed into a hole at the top of north pole trail.  The reason I believe this is that I've busted one before the same way.  The only reason I saw it was chasing down a coolant leak.

crazzywolfie

ouch. i can't believe you didn't feel that driving down the road or backing up. usually when i have had a bad motor mount i could hear it banging around or feel it sometimes. as far as the diesel mounts go. so far so good. they still look and perform pretty good but then again i guess i might have wait about 3 years or about 12,000 miles to see how well they hold up because that is approximately what the stock style ones lasted on me before 1 completely failed and the other just looked like crap.