News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

I don't know if you remember Mat, the first time was right after I put the lift. I took it for a test drive in the dirt and slammed into a hole. It busted the fan shroud.  So I guess it could've been worse.

As bad as it looked, it didn't separate. It looked crushed. Heres a couple of pics. Drivers side still looked good.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i don't remember but i would not be surprised. the stock type mounts for the gas engines just seem so weak. i figure they should have easily lasted more than 3 year but apparently not. hopefully the diesel mounts hold up a lot better tho. for the small increase in price they seem worth it to me.

when i had to change mine the 1 motor mount came out in 2 pieces. the 1 looks like it pretty much collapsed under the weight of the engine and i think it was the passenger side also. makes you really think there must be something that causes them to fail prematurely. 

SixGun

Its odd that side is heavier.  When you try to lift motor, the driver side always comes out easily and lifts higher for some reason. I usually lift it under the crank pulley which should center it. Hmmmm...

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Shhhh...its a secret.   :)

SixGun

I will pick up a resistor like you suggested along with some PAG46. 

I have a short day tomorrow at work. I might swing by Noahs to take him the Esther oil and a set of Magnum big bore exhaust manifolds I picked up.

rjtx667

don't forget the y pipe too lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Y-pipe had a tweak on it and figured Noah would be running duals so I cut about a foot of down pipes. No charge at JY for these but complete y-pipes are $25. Picked up the dipstick too.

SixGun

I've been noticing a cat taking a siesta under the truck lately.  About a week ago I noticed a smell like a dead animal in the front yard that we couldn't track down. Well I found it today. What a mess  :disgust:

crazzywolfie

that sucks. i guess you better hose that cat down next time you see him as pay back for leaving you a mess to clean up.

SixGun

So the battery was dying out steadily for awhile now.  Damn Red Top AGM only lasted 4 years.  So I ordered an 800 cca  Interstate.  Cranks nice and a very good price through Firestone.  It was disconnected for a couple weeks. After I installed it, maiden voyage was bad. All of a sudden about a mile from home it starts running rough and then dies at a stop sign.  Flooded out of all things.  Rough drive home and had a hell of a time getting it started and stay running.  Checked codes and the one that stands out is for the coolant sensor.   This is the 3rd one for this truck.  Ordered one from NAPA this time in the midrange instead of the cheapo depot.  Anyone ever run across this?  It was working one day and dead the next. Really weird.

ProjectPW

suspect a bad connection on the sensor connector...
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

crazzywolfie

have you checked what your voltage output is? i have heard interstate batteries are not as good as they use to be. also did you have the old battery tested? i have heard they can sometime play dead but actually just need a charge with one of them smart chargers.

SixGun

Hmmm...smart charger.  What for that is?  :017:
I've charged that sucker quite a few times and the charge lately wouldn't last a week.

Too late anyhoo.  Bye bye battery.  :039:

Is there a test for the coolant sensor?  I did see a replacement harness connector.

crazzywolfie

you should maybe google them optima batteries and charging issue. also if your charging the battery and it is not lasting it sounds like truck is probably not charging the battery. best to check it with a voltage gauge to see what it says is going on.