News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

I will look in my fsm tomorrow for instructions. the sensors should be similar for it and the 92.

I would agree, oreilly charges and test batteries for free...let them test it
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Glad the holidays are officially over...for now. Christmas time in retail can be exciting but very tiring. Been working overnights for a couple months.  :sleepy:

Getting back in the groove, I hope. I had been dealing with a dragging brake drum.   I finally nailed down a stuck ebrake cable. Also noticed my clips for both cables were missing to secure to the bracket with ties them to the forward cable and adjuster.  Ordered from Rockauto but with the holiday, it may not be here till Tuesday.  I think this last time it warped the drum.  I swapped one from the 9-1/4 rear which seems to be an exact fit.  I think the issue was compounded by old wheel cylinders. I swapped in the new ones but still had the dragging which caused me to look further. Got my fingers crossed. I miss driving the ole girl.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

work around the holidays sucks. i am glad they are finally over so that i can go back to a somewhat normal work schedule instead of everything being all over the place.

yup both axles use the drums. i learned that a couple years ago when i tossed the drums from my 91 onto my 93. the 91 had the 8.25 and the 93 has the 9.25. one of the drums on my 93 also warped somehow. i don't get why it warped. i have had the rear brake apart multiple times and pretty much gave them a complete overhaul not long after buying the thing because the adjusters were seized and i blew a brake line. i usually pull the brakes apart at least once a year to clean things up and make sure everything is working properly and adjusted like it should be so it never made sense. i have seen drums on trucks in the past that were well past their useful life expectancy but they never warped. i am almost wondering if it is just crappy quality drums?

SixGun

I'm pretty sure, in this case, I over heated the shit outta these.  :violent1:

SixGun

So I tried to find some Sylvania Silver Stars for the Ram but I couldn't bring myself to pay retail + shipping.  Seems like no one keeps them in stock locally.  Reviews weren't as good for them as the Xtra Vision line. Sounded like short life span was the big issue. So Xtra Vision it was. Mat says he likes his so I'll give it a shot.  I like Advance Auto and they always give me 20% off for ordering online and $5 off coupons for rewards. They let me use them together so it was a good deal. They keep them in stock locally too.

I put them in showing them off to the Wifey and ole eagle eyes quickly noticed that there was a crack in one.  Shit, can't believe I didn't notice that.  This time the clerk had me take them out of the box and check em out. Smart move, why didn't I think of that?   :017:

crazzywolfie

cool :thumbsup:. i think you will like them. i originally picked the set i put in the truck up because they were the cheap set that the parts store kept in stock. i could have gone over to walmart and bought some lights that would have been $2-3 cheaper but i know they  are not as good. i do enough night driving that i really need some decent lights.

SixGun

The old headlight that was the worst had about an inch of water in it.   :icon_scratch:

SixGun

Well the headlights worked real well. Just like modern vehicles.  :thumbsup:

crazzywolfie

glad you like them. i have seen a bit of moisture in a light but never seen an inch of water in one. usually around here especially this time of year if there is any moisture at all in a headlight it can cause the bulb in the headlight to blow. i had 2 go bad last winter on the RC but they were the used ones that were on the RC when i bought it.

SixGun

Yep, these were on it when I bought it way back when.

crazzywolfie

if they were that old them any new bulb may have been better than what was on it.

SixGun

Well....shit.  :icon_scratch:

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I browse the free section of Craigslist frequently. Went out to pick up some pea gravel out of a guys yard. About 5 wheelbarrow loads and 2 hours of work. Its about $3 or so a bag so not bad over all. We're using it in our cactus garden. That stuff must have some weight as you can see. They were having g a bulky trash collection in that neighborhood and I picked up an old rotted wheelbarrow too.  I bought a little old wheelbarrow and Yolanda and I cleaned and painted it for a planter. It came out nice so we decided to do another one. Maybe give it to her Mom.

rjtx667

looks good.. that was a load for your truck for sure.

I have squatted the cummins like that... but it was also 2.5 pallets of sod and the bumper pull trailer. Those air bags took it back to ride height.

I figured I was close 15k lbs total weight. Thats a good load. Once I was at speed it did not even care.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins