News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

looks good with all that paint. makes me want to tear apart my truck and paint everything up.

workgoats

Quote from: crazzywolfie on February 10, 2013, 06:41:35 PM
looks good with all that paint. makes me want to tear apart my truck and paint everything up.

That's a problem I can't figure out how to solve.  After going to so much work to make all the odd and fabricated parts work on my project, there is no way I can make myself take anything off to do any painting. 

SixGun

Tell me about it.  I kept having 2nd thoughts about pulling the V6.  It's basically new and drives really well.  Then afterwards I didn't want to put it back in all dirty so I just made more work for myself.  Feels like it's getting close now.

Truck looks funny with the nose so high in the air because there is no engine.  I really need to fab some gap guards to cover the body lift.  Check out my neighbor's grass.  With all the motor, parts and engine bay washing there is a noticeable green belt around my truck.  I have never seen my neighbor water his grass in 8 years. LOL
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

whens your next day off? looks like you should be installing the new power soon  :steeringwheel:

I heard rumors of a little event going on at hidden falls in March.  :icon_scratch:  Thinking I might try to make that, been saying we need a spring get together.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Looking at Friday for the next day off.  Weather should be cold.  Hopefully not too cold.

Did the post about HF just come out today?  I just got home a little while ago and this was my first stop.  I'll hit you up for some details if I don't see anything on RCC. Is yours ready to go?  Did you fix the tranny problems?

rjtx667

this is not a RCC thing, just something I heard from a friend about people going down there in March. He knows people who work out at HF, and they told him.

I wanted to get out and play soon anyways, so sounded like a good time to me.

The tranny is "sort of fixed" The TV cable is fixed and adjusted, the level now looks good. But something is clogged (or something) and the 1st gear solenoid is not putting it down to 1st unless you move it to first. So when driving, its like driving a stick, throw it in 1st at a stop once going throw it to drive and your fine.  :laughing7:

I still need to work on the driver door and the heater core. A few other minor things, but its road worthy (more or less) and running. So I am ready to see what it can do. I have been keeping an eye out for bumpers and winches, but right now it seems all my $$ is going into the 2000 RC.

Hopefully you get a good day on Friday to work. Its been cold up here the last few days.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

I just noticed... your sig is wrong... its not a V6 anymore... technically right now its a No power  :laughing7:

but soon to be a V8 or maybe you can say V6+2? :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

SixGun

:13:  I didn't get as far as I would have liked but the motor is in and bell housing bolts and motor mounts are all tightened up.  Had a hard time stabbing the torque converter into the flex plate and lining up the passenger side motor mount.  All of a sudden it got dark on me not to mention a front started blowing in and it was real cold in a heartbeat.  Too dark to take any pics so hopefully tomorrow.

rjtx667

Bolted up and motor mounts in is a lot of progress.  :13:

I had a heck of a time on the passenger mounts on the magnum when I put it back in too  :icon_scratch: 

wonder what we are doing wrong lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Well I took a step back and redid it with the passenger side 1st and that helped.  The reason I think is the small hole on the pass side and then let it swing down onto the driver's side with it's elongated hole.  I had to use a long pipe to leverage it.  Also, when I did it the second time, I removed the tilt adjuster I was using.  I added longer slack on the chain to give it some swing.  Once I had the motor mounts on loose I hooked up just the back and pivoted it until it lined up using a pry bar and a jack under the tranny.  Should have a little time in the afternoon tomorrow to get a little more done.

Also, the bell housing bolts are so much easier with the body lift.  Gives me lots of room to put tools and see everything.

SixGun

Figured I would get a pic before it got dark and too cluttered with hoses and wiring harness.  Too bad it won't stay that pretty.   :evil6:

crazzywolfie

that red valve cover looks good with all the black. definitely need to find something to go between the wheel well and frame to keep all that mud off the nice looking engine.

SixGun

How about some chicken wire?   :tard:

rjtx667

from the factory is some plastic that connects to the frame and the wheel well.

might be able to make some new parts. I have old ones I saved I plan to do that with
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins