News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on March 10, 2013, 08:46:25 PM
So I checked codes and came up with 12/ 45/ 22/ 21/ 55.

12=> memory standby power lost
45=> overdrive circuit fault
22=> coolant temp sensor circuit fault
21=> oxygen sensor circuit fault
55=> end

12 from disconnected battery and 45 from running a 3spd tranny without overdrive

Concerns are the oxygen sensor and surprisingly the coolant temp sensor circuits.  I took the known good temp sensor from the V6.  As far as the O2 sensor, I don't have another to replace with.  I really feel that the O2 is at fault either with the wiring or the sensor itself.  I had already installed the sensor in the Y-pipe and was using a 3 ft cheater bar to bend the pipe into shape and may have inadvertantly damaged it.  BUT I noticed that the wiring harness to the O2 has been re-wrapped and lengthened considerably.  Going to take it apart tommorrow in the daylight (gotta love daylight savings) and fix any damaged sections.  It should drop down behind the motor but it runs all the way to the front driver's side and across alt and down the frame rail to the O2 on the pass side currently.  So may just shorten it.  If that doesn't fix it then I will pick up a new one.

that section is not "damaged" but was me working out a fix. when I removed the old exhaust manifolds the O2 was on the driver side manifold. My exhaust I used with it was from the magnum, which puts it just in front of the cat, so I extended the wires to put it there. Might be worth checking to make sure it is good and getting singles etc etc, but I can tell you for a FACT that the 5.2 you have runs like CRAP and surges like crazy without a good O2 sensor  :evil6:

Ask me how I know

See if Ron can mail you the red brick, I can give him my fedex account to do it, and you can use it to test and see what you find. Once your done you can mail it on back to me.

Also I think I found something you had been looking for?

The other pic is just of some smoked bacon I just finished... it is GOOOOOOOOOD  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

SixGun

mmmmmmmm.......bacon.  Mail me some of that.   :laughing7:

Yeah, that kickdown linkage.  I found one at Pic-n-pull already.  After I brought it home, I found one sitting on top of the big block pile-o-parts.  Oh well - too late.

So does the truck ride like a camel trotting with the O2 bad?  Never had a camel ride but I bet it's pretty close.   :dontknow:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

hey sixgun check ur email.  :happy7: :happy7:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

SixGun

Fixing one thing at a time but definately progress.   :victory:

You can see in the 1st pic the O2 sensor that I crushed.  :disgust:   Pretty obvious but unfortuntely, it was not the problem.  The  rough cruising rpm was still apparent.  On a side note, I bought a BWD replacement and the harness was definately shorter.  About half the length.  Not a problem with the extra long harness that Ryan built me.   :great:  NOTE: If anyone ever needs to replace the O2 sensor, use a pipe wrench and a long cheater bar.  It snapped free like nothing.  I've read about alot of guys heating them up and juicing them with WD40 but this method was way easier.  Used this method to remove stubborn exhaust manifold bolts also.

2nd pic has one of the injectors.  At first glance, it looks pretty clean with a squirt of carb cleaner.  However, the screens are dirty and though it's hard to see in the pic, there is a definate shadowing.  May have cleaned out with the fuel injector cleaner in the tank working on it but I didn't want to wait.  I used a Fuel Injection Specialties in the past and cost me about $75 to sonically clean both with a few days turn around.  Unfortunately, they are all the way across town.  New ones are over a $100 each and remanufactered about half that.  At best, quality is debateable for most cheaper brands on the net. For now, the V6 injectors are in and working fine.  The 5.2 and 5.9 injectors are the same part number but the 3.9 is different. Took a test drive and it didn't surge or die out.  I took the chance to fill up with gas but I didn't really put it to the test yet.  The stiff springs up front feel a bit softer with the heavier weight of the V8. 

The 3rd pic is of the covered air cleaner from the 383 repainted.  It fits the TBI perfectly so I just need to fit a filter to it. Used some the left over bed liner paint.

rjtx667

good to hear, let me dig out the injector I got off rock auto to send to you, then maybe you can get another from there? it was 40-50 I think?

glad it's running better
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

you know your not suppose to crank those o2 sensors in there tight? the instructions that came with my o2 sensor said something about finger tight. also if you have problems with it in the future you may want to replace it with a NTK which according to rockauto is the OE Mfg. can't beat using OE parts when they are not too expensive.

also glad to here it is running and getting closer to being done.

SixGun

Wolfie, I didn't crank mine down like a wrestler from hell but snug.  That was for removing the O2 sensor.  I've always heard guys complaining that they can't get the O2 sensors out.  Some even drilling them out and welding a new bung.  The pipe wrench gets a good bite and  the long pipe did all the work.

I remember you mentioning the NTK's before but no one had them in stock locally and BWD is considered premium product so I went with them.  I guess time will tell.

rjtx667

PM me your address and this can be on its way to your place soon.

:dance:

I got it from rock auto though the box says its a Napa part

ECHLIN Part # 218042  on rock auto and goes for $57.79... they have cheaper ones on there, but not sure how it would work not having a "matching set" so to speak.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Looks like a pretty lil bumble bee.   :happy7:

Thanks  Ryan... PM sent.

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on March 14, 2013, 11:15:18 PM
I got it from rock auto though the box says its a Napa part

ECHLIN Part # 218042  on rock auto and goes for $57.79... they have cheaper ones on there, but not sure how it would work not having a "matching set" so to speak.

http://www.napaechlin.com/Featured+Products-Fuel+Injectors/Content.aspx#

rjtx667

fedex says delivered so your 50% there  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Arrived today, opened it and took the yellow protective cap off and it is sparkling clean.  I can see each jet on the bottom.  The plastic cap where the prongs are didn't look promising but I noticed the backwards Holley logo on it. 

Does anyone have a RockAuto coupon code I can use?  I placed a small order on a gas tank filler tube grommet and hopefully the discount coupon will be emailed to me and I can use it on the injector.  Both were different warehouses anyways.

crazzywolfie

1283663810490443. this code is suppose to be good till march 24th. hopefully someone on dodge forum will post a new code.

SixGun