News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

The emission testing is not mandatory here yet but the visual test for inspection is.  Some places are a little tougher than others here.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Been toying with the idea of fabbing some gap guards for the body lift.  I finished up one side of the rear today.  A little undercoating and wahlah.

The War Wagon

Nice!  :thumbsup: 

Are they welded in, or...???  What gauge steel? 
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Used a roll of some thin flashing for roofing.  Used some small bolts and lock washers that way its removable.  Initially, I was gonna use it for the engine compartment so I needed it thin so it can be flexible. They are only gap guards which are usually rubber kinda like mud flaps.

crazzywolfie

was the gap between the body and frame that annoying?

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on June 04, 2014, 08:07:48 PM
was the gap between the body and frame that annoying?

Probably helps keep it OFF the engine too, & that's never a bad thing!   :thumbsup:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

i get trying to keep the engine bay cleaner with it but i could see it making it hard to remove all the mud from on top of the frame toward the back.

SixGun

Its a catch 22. Less mud will get thrown in there but the mud that does will be harder to spray out.  As for the motor, that mud gets burned on like a dirty film. Visually just the rear gap at a distance when you can see daylight out the other end.

Dracen

Good use of an off the shelve item in an out of the box method  i was looking at a roll of the same stuff in my shop thinking i should use it for a project on the truck.

SixGun

Guess that kinda sums it up. Bored & Cheap :sleepytime:

ProjectM880

Will you be putting the Ole Ram through its paces at hidden falls this time around??

I promise not to try and help you with any fuel issue and simple direct you to a professional like Noah  ::)

SixGun

:laughing4:   okay funny guy. 

I'll be taking her out again. 

That time that I "broke down", it turned out that I was out of gas.  Gas gauge was inop at that time. A defective O2 sensor caused me to run super rich and ran me out of gas. That 5 gallon can you gave me only got me to the freeway to give you an idea.  I changed the fuel pump and suddenly the gauge worked.  On the next trip to HF it took 2 tanks of gas to get there and that's only a 2.5 hour drive.  Changed the O2 sensor and drove like a charm. So if I had filled up at that gas station you towed me to, I could have taken it on home. :violent1:

ProjectM880

DAMN That is one thirsty truck!

SixGun

Few pics from Hidden Falls Oct 2014

SixGun